6 Popular Coffee Drinks in North Carolina

The popularity of a coffee can be described by the fact that there are hundreds of popular coffee names across the world. These coffee drinks can be distinguished from its flavour, its type and how it is made and how it is served.

Affogato is an Italian term for submerged or sank. As the name suggests. This coffee can be served as a drink or as a dessert with espresso. Some other popular combinations are to combine it with caramel or chocolate sauce. In deserts, it is popularly combined with vanilla ice cream and served in a cappuccino cup.

The Breven is also getting popular at a very fast pace. It is a coffee made with steamed milk and half cream; almost like while the Caffè Americano or simply Americano. There are numbers of variations that can be made namely the Long Black, Lungo and Red eye. The general process is to make Espresso with added hot water and serve it in a cappuccino cup.

Caffe Latte is a portion of espresso and steamed milk. It generally contains a one-third ratio of milk to espresso, with a little foam on top. The credits for the popularity of Caffe latte goes to popular coffee food chains such as Starbucks. It is served in a tall, mild 'milk coffee' cup or latte glass. A flavoured syrup can be added on the top as an added flavour.

Mocha coffee is a variant of a caffe latte, but a small portion of chocolate is mixed, typically in the form of syrup. The main difference is to use instant chocolate powder after pouring coffee into a glass from the coffee vending machine. Chocolate powder or syrup used can be either dark or milk chocolate. Mocha coffee is also known as Moccaccino in regions such as Europe and the Middle East. While in other parts of the world, there is no separate term for this type of coffee. It is simply called a cappuccino made with chocolate.

Cappuccino is one of the most popular choices. It is a coffee-based drink prepared with espresso, hot milk, and steamed milk foam. There is a reason for putting foam on top of the cappuccino as it acts as an insulator to keep your coffee hot longer.

Greek frappé coffee is an iced coffee covered with spray-dried foam made from the instant coffee maker. As the name suggests it is named after Greek people as this is their favourite summer drink. It can be served with flavoured syrup.