Chapter 1

(y/n): your name
(y/l/n): your last name
(y/h/l): your hair length
(y/h/c): your hair color

"I felt the hate rise up in me..."

I groaned and rolled out of bed. I thought that setting my alarm to one of my favorite radio stations would help me wake up. Turns out I was wrong.

It's my first day at a new high school in Houston, Texas called "Cypress Ridge". I was originally from Raleigh, North Carolina but my father had received a job promotion that required me and him to move states away.

My father worked as a pediatrician. His new job didn't seem to be much better than his last job, but I'm not the one working there so I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject.

After I got out of bed, I checked the time on my alarm clock. I have to be at the bus stop by 7:00 and it was 6:15 right now. I decided to take a shower before going downstairs to eat breakfast.

The house we moved into was huge. Even though it was just my dad and I, we had moved into a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, two story home. His job paid very well, which I've always been extremely grateful for.

My bedroom had its own walk in closet and full bathroom. I walked across my room and opened the bathroom door. While cleaning myself up, I listened to A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by Panic! At The Disco. It was definitely one of my favorite albums of all time.

Stepping out of the shower, I put my (y/h/l) (y/h/c) hair into a towel hat. I danced around my room as I applied deodorant and put on my outfit.

For my first day of school I had to decided to wear a pair of loose green cargo pants, a black tank top, a pair of black combat boots, a tattoo choker, and a necklace with a lock on it. It was a simple outfit, but it was one of the ones I felt the most confident in.

I finished getting dressed and took my hair out of the towel. My (y/h/c) locks fell down my back and swung across my smooth skin. I brushed it out and walked out of my room.

"Y/n! I have breakfast ready!"

"Okay dad," I called back.

"Did you sleep well last night," my father asked when I arrived downstairs. He was facing me behind the bar in the kitchen while putting three pancakes that appeared to have chocolate chips in them on a paper plate.

"Surprisingly, yes," I responded as I grabbed my plate and silverware from my dad and pulled out a chair at the kitchen table. I sat down with my pancakes and started cutting into them. Seconds later, my dad joined me at the table with his plate. We sat in silence, the only sound coming from our mouths as we chewed.

I stood up from my chair and threw away my empty plate.

"Okay, I'm going to go upstairs, grab my stuff, and walk out to the bus stop."

My dad walked over to me and gave me a huge hug.

"Alright, honey. I'll be home from work around 7:00 tonight... You'll be fine until then right?"

"Don't worry about me. I'll be perfectly fine."

My dad sighed and let me go.

"Well, go get your stuff," he said with a hint of poignancy in his voice.

I ran up the stairs, grabbed my backpack, and checked the time. 6:50. Perfect timing.

I walked back downstairs, said a quick goodbye to my dad, and walked out the door.

The bus stop was a block and a half away. When I approached the corner it was 6:55. No one else was there yet, so I decided to listen to some music. I plugged in my headphones and shuffled the music on my iPod.