Chapter- 1

Third person pov.

Gwyn walks through the corridors of the house of the wind ready to barge through Nesta's door and give all the books - romance books- she asked her to bring even when she was aware that Gwyn was busy with Merill.
As soon as she reaches the door balancing all the books on her hands and hips she starts babbling
"You want me to get killed by Merill, don't you? I have told you a million times do not ask me to bring you books during the afternoon when I have to complete and edit all the notes Merill has made. Do not-" Her words die as soon as she looks up from the chaos of books in her hands and the hairs that has been on her face , the hairs she was so busy to tie and now are a complete mess and the shadows- why didn't she see them- all around her . Her eyes met with the shadowsinger who was currently doing his best not to laugh but was failing miserably as his body was shaking with laughter. She looked Nesta's room noticing everyone's- Rhys , Feyre , Lucien, Mor, Cass , Nesta and even Nyx's- eyes on her except Rhys was looking between Az and Gwyn trying to make sense of the secret joke they are sharing.
Gwyn gave Azriel a brief glare before she started " High lord" she said bowing in front of him. " High lady" she bowed again to which the high lady replied smiling sweetly "Oh Feyre will do ."  But Rhys was still looking at the priestess curiously. She shifted her weight from one feet to another and realised why she was here .
"Nesta these are the books you asked for , some of them are recently released so we will be giving their orders soon." But Nesta gave her a confused look and said " I- Thank you. But that's not why I asked Azriel to call you , Rhys wanted to talk to you."
"But Azriel-" she stopped looking at Azriel who was giving her a knowing smile with mischief shining in his eyes.
It was not the first time Gwyn saw this look on Azriel's face ,they have been doing this for a week , pranking each other , it just started with Gwyn throwing water on Azriel's face after they completed the practice and were sitting near the water cooler , after hours of showering each other with water they knew that the game was on and none of them were ready to back down.
" I am sorry Azriel is not getting enough sleep nowadays you see that's why he must've mixed all his work , isn't it Az?" She said innocently and the smile from Azriel's face immediately dropped, instead an expression of complete amusement and what seems like awe was on his face .
Before Azriel could say something, Rhys cleared his throat and said "I was the one who was seeking  you Gwyn , I wanted to ask for a favor?" Gwyn smiled and said  "How  may I help you?"
"Nesta has always talked about how amazing you are at the research you do and we are trying to find some information about the death lord Koschei ."
"I was thinking if you could go through the books in our library and some other books Azriel has borrowed from the libraries of Helion's court."
"I will , I would love to help you Rhys but I am still working with Merill but I can read all the books about Koschei at night and give you the notes. It may take a while."
" We do not have time Rhys." Lucien said his voice cold and words hard.
Gwyn looked at the red haired guy not knowing who he was and how to react .
" I will talk to Merill that she can have some other priestess for the time being or I guess she can just use Nesta." He said smiling.
" Shut up Rhys I am not working with her , she is a total bitch-".
" Nes" Cassian warned.
" Yes. What?"
"She is not that bad-" Gwyn started
" Oh no, not today, we both know just how much she is bad Gwyn." Nesta said a bit harsher. She has always hated Merill for not treating Gwyn with respect. She has hated anyone who did anything wrong to Gwyn and Emerie, she loves them too much, probably more than her own sisters.
Gwyn just sighed.
"I will talk to Merill Gwyn, can you please start your research as soon as possible, Azriel will be there for your help. He will be researching with you and helping you find the books you need. If you need anything other than that do not hesitate to ask me ."
Suprise lit in Azriel's eyes as soon as Rhys said he could work with the priestess.
"What ? But you said I will be working with her. I want to work with her." This was Nesta whining.
"Yes I may have said that but I think I have better work for you and don't you have your mating ceremony coming soon , you need to take less stress. Wouldn't want the glow on your face to go now, do we?"  Rhys replied.
Azriel was still looking at Rhysand knowing the high lord had something in mind because when Azriel asked for working with Gwyn (almost begged) all Rhys said was no and now suddenly.
" I am Lucien." Lucien said extending his hand towards Gwyn.
She smiled her famous big bright smile and took his hand .
" Gwyn " she said.
"I have a request for you ,can you?" Lucien said signalling towards the balcony.
Azriel's shadow immediately went around Gwyn protectively.
She looked at Azriel for some kind of permission but suddenly looked back at Lucien realising what she was doing.
" Sure."
" While you are searching for Koschei can you also search about the people he have cursed and if there was someone, anyone who could break it."
" I- are you talking about Vassa?"
" Yes , you know her"
" Oh, oh no I don't but I guess you were the one who asked Nesta for the books about being cursed and breaking curse , she asked me for finding them for you , she told me about the youngest queen of mortals and how she was given to the death lord by her own sisters ."
Pain flashed in Lucien's eyes and Gwyn immediately regretted her words.
" I am sorry I didn't-"
" It's alright. It just... I have been reading books for almost 2 years and there is absolutely nothing in them I have checked every library and I thought maybe I was not thinking in a way you could as you work in the library and maybe a different point of view would help."
" I will do anything to find a way , besides Nesta also told me how you love reading and spent most of your time here with her." She changed the topic so smoothly, the art has always been easy for her.
" Ah , yes I do read books-"
" I think we should go now Gwyn."
Azriel's hand was on the small of her back now.
"I'll be back in a minute Azriel." She gave him a reassuring smile thinking he was seeing her comfort among men.He just scowled at her giving Lucien a cold stare.
" You have a mate Lucien." He said.
Lucien laughed a bit harshly
" Who you were trying to kiss?"
Azriel's eyes widened and he immediately looked at Gwyn but she was just staring at Lucien.
"She doesn't even acknowledge me Azriel and Vassa is just a friend I am trying to help not rejecting the mating bond unlike her . I am just giving her the time she needs."
Before Azriel could say anything Gwyn said "It was great meeting you Lucien I'll do everything to find a loophole in the curse and I would appreciate being in one of yours and Nesta's reading sessions." She smiled warmly at him putting the environment at ease.
" Lucien we will be waiting outside." Feyre called out with Rhys already gone and Cassian shuffling through the pile of books.
Lucien nodded once.
" Thanks again Gwyn , I hope to see you soon."
She shook her hand once again before going in the room with him , Azriel lingering behind her.

This is the first time I have written anything. I hope you guys like this little chapters , do comment your ideas. All negative comments will be deleted. Thank you. 😊

Ques- Who is your favourite acotar character?
Ans- For me it's definitely Gwyn, she is just so relatable and happy it's hard not to like her.