" We were best mates"

" Good evening, Rabastan, "  

" Good evening, Black. "  

Rabastan's heart hasn't beat so fast and hard since he was a little boy. However standing almost face to face with his former friend Sirius Black  in a  dimly lit corridor , was the sole cause of the reaction. 

"  Quit it with the false formalities, Rabastan, we were best mates at one point of time. "  

Sirius steps closer, he's wearing the black school robe and a red and gold Gryffindor scarf. His midnight black hair is down its grown longer over the summer. 

" 'Were' being the keyword, Black." 

" Yet here you are still giving me a blood traitor and disgrace to the Ancient and most Noble house of Black your time."

"  Because  you're being an insufferable git by not allowing me to get around you.  Before you dare start. I have no desire to get back what you threw away." Rabastan spoke firmly, his aquamarine eyes locked on Sirius' dark gray eyes.  

" I haven't  thrown away our friendship, you've been brainwashed into believing such lies, I know you are far more intelligent  than that lousy family hier you call brother or have you begun referring to him as master?" Sirius growls and steps closer, til he is only a couple inches away from Rabastan. He swore there was a light shade of pink on the others cheeks. 

" What do you want from me, Black?" Whispers Rabastan, it was best for him not to respond to that remark about his brother. 

" All I want is for you to call me by my first name again, I know you calling me by Siri is out of the question," 

" Okay, Sirius, and you are correct about that ridiculous nickname I called you by when we were younger." 

" Much better, and what  a shame, I bet that old name  sounds far sweeter coming from you  now that we are older." Sirius confesses,  causing Rabastan to blush this time  " You're still precious to me Rab ,if you ever decide you've had enough of being his  puppet, please call out my name and I'll save you." 

AN: Chapters will be short. Unless I feel up to writing a longer one.