20. Mil

(Sarawat POV)

Life suddenly felt like a huge burden, haven't had that feeling in a long time. The emptiness is fulfilling me now.

Everything seems colourless. I don't even know how I am feeling at this point. I'm feeling numb. Numb? It's like dying inside. My life felt pointless. It was getting hard for me to breathe.

Maybe this is what I deserve, Pain!

Life in the past few months have been too good to be true anyway.

P'Tine deserves to be with someone beautiful, rich, someone who's self confident, someone whom his family will accept and definitely someone who is better than me. But why does it hurt so damn much? I should be happy for him, happy that he's with someone who is not broken like me. So why does it feel like someone just stabbed me?

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and it suddenly hit me, this used to be my life before P'Tine entered in it, crying myself to sleep every day, always feeling dead inside but everything has changed after I met P'Tine.

I decided that I am not going to overthink today, It has bought me nothing but pain over there course of past few years.

My P'Tine wouldn't hurt me. He wouldn't kiss another girl, at least not before properly breaking up with me. Even the thought of us breaking up made my heart twinge.

I had to talk to him. No I needed to talk to him as soon as possible.

I splashed some water on my face before heading towards the door to open it

As I reached the knob of the door to turn it, The door opened as someone barged right in and we accidentally bumped into each other. I lifted  my face to apologise to this person.

But I was beyond shocked to look at the person standing in front of me- Mil.

"Hi there. Long time, no see eh? Did you miss me, baby boy?" He said, his arm reaching out to grab me. I immediately took a few steps back and he slowly started moving towards me again.

Looking at him, brought back the worst memories. All those disgusting memories of him started flooding my mind.

"Who knew you could sing like an angel? Wait, now that I think about it, maybe it is no big surprise. Your sweet moans and cries still echo in my ears" He said covering the distance between us. I was up against the wall and he was standing inches away from me.

I tried to go but he blocked my way by keeping both his hand beside either sides of my arms.

"G-Get lost, Mil. Leave me alone" I tried to yell but it came out more as a plea.

"I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw you on stage back there. Never thought I'd see you again"

He grabbed my jaw, making me to look him right in the eye while his other started undo my first few shirt buttons.

"If you won't leave me right now, I'll hurt you" I said controlling the tears threatening to fall from my eyes. My mind couldn't help but to wander off to all those days where he held me captive and tortured me.

Mil started laughing maniacally. "Wait wait wait. Say that again. Say that again. You? You think you can hurt me?" He said and continued to laugh even louder.