PROLOGUE // CH. 1

((sexy times ahead, you've been warned))
Above is the song Fernando, sung by ABBA and slowed down. This is the song that inspired this entire book! Hint: when you replace the word Fernando with Rogelio it fits extremely well, almost as if Kyle is singing :)

PROLOGUE

Rogelio peppered Kyle's inner thighs with gentle kisses, each connection his lips made to skin sending heavenly shivers up the smaller boy's spine, his lips curling up into a soft smile that Rogelio knew indicated his ecstasy, something he found more beautiful than life itself.

He loved every inch of his boyfriend, from his pale and fragile legs that he found wrapped around him so often to the golden waves of blonde curls that grew from his head and seemed to sparkle under the light. Rogelio looked up into Kyle's eyes and enjoyed how he tasted with a sweet smile.

"Rogelio..."
Kyle's voice was quiet, but echoed around his lover's head just the same. He took one last glance down at the blur of green and could barely make out the scene before shutting his eyes, melting into his touch like butter in a warm kitchen, soft and golden under the paling light and tasting both savoury and sweet at the same time.

"How does he even do this?"
He thought, savouring every moment where Rogelio's tongue was on his skin, every slight upward arch of his back aiding how much of himself was taken in and earning small smiles from the lizard boy who was 'loving' him free of stress for those few blissful minutes. He sighed with a slight shake in his breath that was only noticeable to Rogelio when his legs were pushed further apart ever so slightly, gently yet urgently.

Rogelio felt that if he was a valley, Kyle would be the glen that ran through him. He already ran through him in ways- through his thoughts, through his sheets, through his hands. Just like trickling water the smaller boy seemed to find ways to wrap around Rogelio's form- from ways so surreal it felt shameful, to smaller things like a simple joining of hands. Rogelio never minded how far their acts went, he favoured the moment over anything else. And in this particular moment, Kyle was delicate, and he was his.

It was after the first twinge in Kyle that he released what was building up inside of him and they were finished, so Rogelio lay down and smiled at him. Kyle crawled to him and smiled also, lying stomach-to-stomach with him and hiding his face in the crook of Rogelio's neck, smiling even more when he felt his boyfriends hands run along his body and rest on his back. His scaled fingers ran over each and every scar and pore they could find in a soothing manner.

"You're beautiful."
He whispered. Kyle knew it wasn't a common thing to hear Rogelio speaking and his heart fluttered at the low rumble, possessing him to plant a kiss on his collarbone. Rogelio smiled and lowered one of his hands to caress where he had kissed Kyle before and brought the other up to massage his scalp, his clawed fingers entangled in the silky heaven that was his hair.

"Please don't go."
Kyle let out, hating that it was him who brought up the topic of leaving. Rogelio shifted and bit his bottom lip rather than replying, holding back as much sadness as he could and repressing it deep, deep inside. He listened carefully as a bird sang outside their bedroom window, presumably one that had escaped from the marshland not too far away from where they lived. Rogelio continued to focus on the sound, allowing his mind to wander and imagine the marsh.

It was a warm and groggy area in the forest, one lush with thick shrubs and bushes that crawled from the damp soil and somehow survived amongst the puddles and pools of swampy water that spilled into the clearing at certain times. The marsh wasn't visited often by anyone other than Kyle and Rogelio, but they preferred it that way. It was the place that Rogelio wandered to when Kyle was out with friends, or ran to with a basket in hand when it was mushroom season. Kyle enjoyed watching his excited his boyfriend got when he was there, and so he went with him as much as he could.