Coffeelings

I groaned and buried my face in my desk for the nth time.

Of all the days, why did it have to be today? Damn this writer's block. I need to finish my manuscript and the black coffee I brewed isn't helping me.

I suddenly thought about something. I changed my clothes into decent ones and got out of my hellhole of a room.

After walking for a while, I finally stopped in front of a familiar coffee shop named Soul Blues Café. I went inside and suddenly smiled. I love everything in this coffee shop. The ambience of this place is so soothing and the aroma of coffee is very inviting. But I think I fell in love more with the person at the counter.

"Hi Silvester. One double shot espresso please."

"Noted. By the way, I would prefer it if you call me Vester instead of Silvester. Oh! Before you go, do you know what espresso and I have in common?"

He answered before I could. "We're both made espressily for you." He grinned.

My jaw dropped. Did he just-

I shook my head and ignored his joke. I went to my usual seat and watched Vester as he prepared my coffee while humming to the song playing on the speaker.

After a while, I noticed that he's already going towards my direction, holding a tray of coffees. When he saw me looking, he smiled which suddenly made my heart beat so fast that I shifted my eyes to the window, pretending to look at something.

When he's in front of me, he placed two coffee on the table and said, "Care to share the table? Before you say something, I'm on a break and I asked my manager for permission."

"Then sure, go ahead." I remarked. Vester slipped beside me which caught me off-guard. I am trying hard not to hyperventilate.

"So, did you know why I like mocaccino?"

I didn't say anything.

"Well, I picked this one," raising his cup of mocaccino, "Because you're mocha me crazy," he stated while looking at me.

I was dumbfounded. What the hell is happening?

"Are you high?"

"No, Aurum. Actually, I have something to say." He took a deep breath before continuing. "Actually, I can't say it. Just read this letter. Bye." He placed the letter on the table before standing up and quickly running outside.

I grabbed the letter and read it.

'Hi Aurum, I just wanted to say...

I have coffeelings for you.

Yes, I know it's corny. But it's true.'

I blank out for a solid minute. When I finally realized what just happened, I wasted no time running outside to look for him. By the time I reached the end of the street, I saw him sitting on a bench with his hands buried on his face. I slowly walked towards him. Even though my heart is beating loudly right now, I still managed to greet him before sitting down beside him.

"Sorry a while back. I don't know what came over me." He remarked. "Anyway, have you read it yet?"

I nodded. None of us said anything until I broke the silence.

"So, you like me. That's why you've been saying coffee puns from the moment I ordered coffee. Weird choice but cute."

He scratched the back of his neck and said nothing.

"You know what?" He looked at me. "I have coffeelings for you too."

His eyes suddenly widened.

"From the moment I laid my eyes on you." I leaned closer. "No amount of coffee can make me feel like this like you do."

He suddenly hugged me and asked, "So can we be the perfect blend?"

"I would love that."