→ twenty-one

hyerim ran her hands through her hair as she waited for jeno to arrive

hyerim ran her hands through her hair as she waited for jeno to arrive. they agreed beforehand to meet at her classroom and go to lunch together.

the girl convinced her friends to go ahead without her, explaining that she had a question for mr. hong. when they left, she asked her teacher what animal he would be, then ran out of the class as he stared at her, dumbfounded. now, the brunette was seated outside of the classroom, mindlessly picking at the ends of the bandaids on her fingers.

the soft sound of footsteps made her look up, and a small smile pulled at her lips when she spotted a familiar blue-haired hockey player.

pushing herself up and quickly brushing off her pants, hyerim sent her soulmate a quick wink and reached a hand out to him. jeno took it, tilting his head in an attempt to hide his shy grin.

"i asked the guys to meet me in the gym." the girl nodded, "okay. i texted soobin the same. he kept asking why so i had to lure him with video games. know how to play?"

the boy shrugged as he gently pulled the brunette in the direction of the gymnasium. "enough. we used to play a lot of call of duty and battleground together."

hyerim's eyes drilled into the side of his face, causing the elder to stare back at her. "what? what games do you play?"

"minecraft, dude. and animal crossing."

after a brief moment of silence following their very different gaming preferences, the pair chuckled. "wow, i didn't know minecraft was still a thing." "oh, you have no idea."

within two minutes, jeno and hyerim stood in front of the gym doors, no longer hand in hand. the boy with blue hair glanced over at the shorter's face, tempted to brush a stray wave out of her face. "nervous?"

she looked up at him, doe eyes sparkling adamantly. "nope. let's do this. for shinee."

caught off guard with her ending words, jeno failed to bite back his loud, shocked laugh. he nodded his head as he calmed himself, "okay, okay. for shinee."

side by side, the soulmates entered the gymnasium, instantly getting flooded by the annoyed voices of their friends. when spotting his blue-haired captain, haechan dragged himself to his feet with an overdramatic groan.

"jenooo, i'm hungry," he made sure to elongate the last word, causing the said boy to huff. "shut up, this won't take long."

yangyang, who previously stood beside his best friend, pouted alongside haechan as they plopped back onto the bench like children throwing a tantrum.