30. Prayers come true

Ariana woke up to find Nate, Alexa and herself sprawled across the floor. She blinked her eyes several times to clear her vision. Her room was a total mess. There were empty bottles and chips packets scattered everywhere. She took out a rubber band from her pocket and tied her hair whilst remembering last night with a smile on her face.

After the "cremation ceremony", they had turned on some music on her laptop and sang along the lyrics on top of their voices. They stayed up all night eating and drinking till sunrise. Only then, had they fallen asleep. She wondered why the guard or the other students hadn't come to complain about the noise.

As she grabs her phone to check time, she sees a message from Sean reminding her of the 8 am class. All the fatigue and drowsiness from the day before vanished.

She immediately woke up Nate and went to the bathroom to freshen up. As she entered, her eyes went to the bucket involuntarily. His handkerchief hadn't been burnt completely. The part, where his initial was engraved, was untouched by fire and was floating on the surface of water. She picked up the bucket and poured it empty into the commode, then flushed it.

Ariana made way to the classroom. On the way, she met Mr. Windsor, who wished her a good morning and advised her to work hard to become a healer. Ariana assured him without a doubt. She was looking forward to study.

When she had come out of the bathroom, Nate was gone already and Alexa was still asleep. She hadn't bothered to wake her up as they had a normal class at 11 only.

Ariana saw a student entering the classroom before her. She saw the professor scolding him as he was late. She recognized the professor from yesterday's class. It was Professor Paulo. Professor Paulo told him that he would mark him present but he wasn't allowed to attend the class. Now, Ariana was scared.

She took a deep breath and walked to the classroom's door timidly. "May I come in, Professor?" She asked.

Professor Paulo was about to explode but when he turned his gaze towards her, his demeanor changed. "You may. However, you shall not next time."

Ariana was relieved. "There shall not be a next time, Professor. I thank you for your lenience this time." She expressed her gratitude. Professor Paulo nodded.

Sean was a bit shocked listening to Ariana talk like that. He reminded himself that she was from the supernatural world too. So, she obviously talked like them. Extremely formal. However, he was more shocked about Professor letting her in when he just had denied the other student. He heard girls in front of him whispering.

"We are in a world different from ours. However, hierarchy remains the same."

"Of course. The rules are different for commoner Damon and Alpha-born Lady Bennet." The other whispered, shaking her head in disapproval.

"Fortunately, we have two Alpha born in our class. What a delight!" Her friend remarked sarcastically.

All three of them chuckled. However, when Ariana passed through them, they lowered their eyes and bowed slightly. Sean looked around and noticed that all of them were doing the same.

Ariana sat next to Sean and thought. "So the realm wasn't informed of my little stunt in the coronation ceremony. And I wasn't stripped off my titles either."

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Nate's voice. "Professor. May I come in?"

Ariana cringed when Professor Paulo let him in without a qualm and even bowed for him. Although Nate had already passed down the title of Alpha to his sister, seemed like people didn't accept that and  still thought he would step up for the title in near future. The idea of elder children not succeeding their parents was uncommon for them after all.