Prologue

Hi everyone, this is my very first fanfiction ever so I hope you all like it and please can you say nothing mean except in a constructive criticism form, thanks. Disclaimer: All characters belong and are owned by their rightful people. Now on with the story!

A Jedi was looking out of their window sadly, profoundly hurt by the information they had received. Pressing their head against the window they turned around and nodded at the messenger; their face was downcast with sadness. "Leave, report to my Padawan, immediately." They demanded as the young man walked out of the room, bowing as they did so. The Jedi sighed and sat down on their bed pinching the bridge of their nose; the other Jedi were the biggest pain in their life- a persistent, annoying, destructive pain that refused to adapt properly.

"Master, you called for me. Are you ok? Has something happened?" The anxious voice of their ever loyal Padawan brought them back to their senses. They shook their head and motioned for them to sit with them. The bed sunk as the Padawan joined them before their Master broke down sobbing there and then. The Padawan was shocked! Their master never cried. "Master? Master! What's wrong?" 

"I've failed you N'Kata, I have failed you. I preach to you about peace, knowledge and no attachment yet I am a fraud and a hypocrite like all the other Jedi. My own heart yearns for another; my head filled with love, desire and fear of losing them. I feel the Dark Side calling to me, promising me the power to save her. I am afraid I must ask you to do something to save me." They weeped as they felt their whole life crumbling around them.

"Of course, Master, anything." N'Kata was extremely concerned now and shocked by the confessions of their Master. 

"Pass me your lightsaber, please. Then go to the Jedi archives and erase any information on me or my relationship. There will be an execution for my crime tomorrow and I need you to go to this address; pass this letter onto my fiance and this ring." The older Jedi was quietly letting the tears fall out of their eyes without care as he looked back at his Padawan. Despite being scared, N'Kata handed over his blue lightsaber into his Master's left hand while their own green one was shaking in his right. 

N'Kata suddenly leaped at his master and buried his head into their neck and whispered. "I know what you're going to do but know this Master: I will never allow another Jedi to suffer the way you have. You have been the best Master I could have ever asked for. May the Force be with you, always." N'Kata left his Master's side and proceeded to walk out of the room with the requested items and goal in mind. 

The heartbroken Jedi sat on their bed and focused through the force. They pictured the home they stayed at with their fiance and the beautiful face that belonged to her. Suddenly their left hand felt empty as the lightsaber travelled through the force. Turning on their green lightsaber they took a deep breath and whispered. "I trust you, my Padawan, stop others from making my mistake." Then their suffering ended. Over on the other side of Coruscant a young women sat with the recently received lightsaber in their hand. They couldn't use the Force however but they could sense a loss in their world. They remembered that their fiance had a Padawan and decided to leave a note for them in case they came looking for her. Then they repeated the action their spouse had and any trace of their relationship was gone. In the room next door a young baby girl started to cry, a female who would tie two worlds together.

N'Kata felt the loss of his master greatly and took a minute to lean against a pillar, let out a small sob and grieve. Afterwards they continued on towards the Jedi Archives to fulfill the last request given by their Master. There were a few Jedi whispering outside the Archives as N'Kata approached and he overheard some of their conversation. "Did you feel the loss, they're actually gone! Guess some of us aren't willing to face the consequences for their actions; or have a pure heart." N'Kata was absolutely furious at what he was hearing; how dare they insult his Master so openly and quickly after their death! 

As he entered the Archives he lent against the door and slid down to the floor. "Master, I promise to keep my word and to prove these other Jedi wrong. No one will ever form attachments again, it's better for everyone this way. I will remember you, always." With that they erased all data on their master and the only Jedi to ever love was lost to memory...

Well that was the prologue, I do hope you enjoyed it. I am sorry it is very short, this is just the beginning. I feel obliged to ask you all if you will please continue reading until Chapter 2, then you can abandon this story at your will. Bye bye.