If I hold you with all my strenght, would you stay?

One day, Xiao went with Lumine to hunt Hilichurls who were invading Liyue. It was not uncommon for the adventurer to be summoned in her daily activities to fight these monsters by the owner of one of the hostels in the city. However, on that specific day, there was a larger horde. They were appearing stronger and emanating black shadows. In that case, the Adeptus felt the duty to act, helping the blonde who has already confirmed to fight.

Xiao took the lead, unraveling himself among the enemies with his high speed. The vast majority of the group was compound of Mitachurl, a category made up of larger enemies that carried Geo shields or flaming axes, and Samachurls, smaller enemies that use staff and summon elements.

While the immortal fought countless enemies simultaneously, Lumine went around and fought individually. At one point, the adventurer used in her advantage a campfire that was on the ground and launched her gust of wind, forming an elemental reaction that hit all the Hilichurls that were close to her.

When she turned to help the Yaksha, noticed that he had already fought everyone. She was a little embarrassed by the fact that Xiao had attacked three times the number of enemies that she did, but concluded that it was natural, given his immense power compared to her, a simple human.

Only after a few moments she notice that there was something wrong with him. The Conqueror of Deamon's breathing was heavy. Lumine was a few steps away and he was standing with his back to her, so she came near to understand better what was going on.

As she approached slowly, the girl noticed that Xiao was groaning in pain. She realized that he was still wearing the mask. Lumine knew that he was constantly afflicted by his negative karmic burdens and that it was probably what was happening with him. She vaguely knew that Archon Geo offered him medication to relieve the pain, but it seemed that he did not carry them at the moment.

The young girl stood hesitating next to him, not knowing what to do. She was melancholic to see him in that state. He already looked so lonely, obliged to get away from everyone. He didn't deserve to go through that pain. Since he was tormented by spirits and still remained on his back, he had forgotten about her presence.

Lumine did the only thing she could do at that moment: comfort him with her presence. The girl hugged the Vigilant's back, who was startled by the act. Xiao momentarily disengaged from the voices, but as he was not yet in perfect control, he feared to hurt the fragile human.

"G-go, stay away," he mumbled slightly angrily at the girl's foolish attitude.

The blonde then tightened even more in order to her affection could improve the boy's condition. He continued to writhe in pain and did everything to keep from hurting Lumine. He murmured a few more times, trying to get her out of there, but she continued the process. She was always stubborn and insistent when it came to pleasing or helping others.

No longer able to stand, Xiao knelt on the floor. The girl didn't let go. They stayed that way for several minutes. The Adeptus at first moaned in pain, but then he just cried. Lumine noticed that the mask had left his face and seemed to have recovered.

The moment he felt safe and sure not to hurt her, Xiao turned to the girl and hugged. And then the two were holding each other again. The boy ran his hands through the girl's golden threads. He really feared that something could happen to her. After all, humans are very fragile.

- Do not behave like that - Xiao walked away and looked directly at Lumine. He feared that his tone was too harsh, even though the girl was helping him, but he couldn't help it. He was a little uncomfortable with the way he spoke to Lumine and was possessed by the need to apologize her, but he didn't.

- I'm fine, Xiao - replied the adventurer with a sweet smile.

- You are not careful. You should have left. - Adeptus spoke with greater conviction when realized the adventurer underestimated her self-preservation.

- I couldn't just see you like this. I had to do something. murmured Lumine with indignation. - And if I hurt myself a little by helping you... It's okay.

Xiao got angry and grabbed the girl's wrists tightly. Lumine was startled and opened her eyes wide.

-You could have died- he was interrupted by the scream of the adventurer.

- I couldn't just watch it! - shouted at the top of her lungs. She went surprised by her own reaction.

The boy was full of hate. Not with the little human. But with his inability to protect her. The fragility of human life. Of her illogical insistence. The boy sighed. He released the girl's wrists and looked down, averting the girl's eyes.

- Lumine ... I would never forgive myself if I did something with you. It is already very difficult to accept the fact that you are going to leave someday. But to think you would pass away because of me ...- he couldn't finish a sentence.

- I'm sorry - whispered the girl.

The Yaksha gradually relaxed, feeling his strength going away. He was using his last reserves to worry about Lumine. As soon as he blew out a breath of relief, he lay down on the girl's lap.

He did it partly because of the fear of losing her, partly because he wanted to feel the comfort of the only human who managed to get so close to his heart.

Lumine ran her fingers through Xiao's hair. She was stroking it as lightly as possible. As if it were the most precious thing in her hand. But also as if the Yaksha was going to be scared and run away if he realized that the girl was there.