Chapter 22

Katherine's POV

Katherine's POV

Walking back into the living room, I had changed into an old pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt given to me by Ally. I took a seat on the couch in front Grayson, while ally handed me and him a cup of hot chocolate.

Giving a quick kiss goodbye to her husband she retired to bed leaving me and him with a tv still going on in the background. I was thankful when he shifted even further when we were alone.

Another weird fact about me, is that Jason screwed up my capacity of staying in a close proximity of men, especially older men. Grayson figured out my discomfort a long time ago, although he never brought up the subject with me, he did always silently put space between us whenever we were alone.

If I really think about it, I can think of times when I have been very close to some unknown people but that was usually when I was high out of my mind. Grayson broke me out of my reverie by clearing his throat.

I finally met his eyes, "You ready to tell me what happened?" No. How could I tell him I have been so fucking weak. How could I tell him that all it took was a few words from my brothers for me to come crumbling down.

I have been through so much worse, heard a lot worse. Yet for some God forsaken reason their words hurt a lot more than one of my mother's punches.

I looked back down again, shaking my head slowly, I didn't have it in me to tell him. "Kate I just picked you up from a drug den, where you had taken god knows how many doses of meth. I need to know what happened tonight so I can help you."

I snapped, everybody wants to try and help me right? And they all think that somehow everyone else besides me knows the right thing. "How? How are you gonna help me?! This isn't like fucking cancer okay! I fucking did this to myself." Grayson got up too, walking up to me.

"Hey, look at me. You gotta stop that. You gotta stop telling yourself that you're beyond help. You are going to keep on suffering if you don't believe in yourself. Now you had a relapse, but that isn't the end of the world, all you need some is help and you can get back up again. Do you understand that?"

I shakily give him a nod. "Okay." "Good, now take a seat and tell me why this happened?" Should I tell him. I mean it isn't that hard right? I can just tell him what my brothers have been doing. But how the hell is that going to help, it isn't like he can go there and rip them a new one. They're the Italian mafia for god's sake.

You know what? screw it. "It's my brothers. They for some reason hate that I'm back in their lives." Grayson looked at me blankly, I was sure he wasn't expecting this answer. "Why? because I remember that they had been looking for you for the longest time. I myself have seen search parties over the years."

"Yeah well, turns out it was only the eldest ones who wanted me here the youngest three just simply hate me. Also the eldest two might have done all of that shit to find me but once I'm actually home they aren't even there to be with me, in fact I can guarantee that they have no fucking clue as to what has been going on under their very own roof."