~ Short story ~

Please vote and comment! :)

"Bobby, could you pass me the headphones please?"
Kim Jiwon and Kim Hanbin are best friends, they are also members of the boy band iKON. Jiwon, also known by his stage name Bobby, is helping Hanbin out with producing their next single.
"Bobby!!!" "Ah, sorry Hanbin..." Jiwon quickly turns off the electric piano he was playing and walks over to Hanbin. Passing him the headphones, he notices a notebook lying open on Hanbin's desk. Hanbin puts on the headphones and zones in on his music, leaving Jiwon with nothing to do. "I wonder what's written in his notebook..." Jiwon, aware that Hanbin can no longer hear him, slowly slides the notebook off of the desk. He walks to the back of the studio and sits down on the sofa, eyes glued to the notebook cover. "That's a photo of Hanbin's family... aw..." Jiwon opens the book, scanning the handwriting on the first page with his eyes. "I should've known, this book is just for song lyrics..." Jiwon flips through the pages of song lyrics from their released albums. "Ooh..." halfway through the book, Jiwon is reading lines he's never heard before. Pleasantly surprised by how deep the lyrics are, he turns the page to read more. "You get farther away from my dreams, nothing you can do..." Bobby raps his part in the song out loud. "It disappears when I open my eyes..."

"Hanbin, I read some of the lyrics in your notebook earlier... they're so good!" Hanbin coughs, then stares at Jiwon. "What?? You look like you've just seen a ghos-" "Bobby, how much did you read?" Jiwon looks at Hanbin, confused. "You didn't read the last page, right?" Jiwon shakes his head quickly, "only up to the song about flowers or something..." Hanbin sighs with relief, if Jiwon read the last page he'd never want to produce songs with him again...

Hanbin walks into his studio and shuts the door behind him. The clock ticks closer to midnight, but Hanbin doesn't usually sleep until 3 AM. Though despite waking up later this morning, he feels more tired than usual... so after grabbing a blanket and glass of water, he lies down on the sofa.
"Bobby always takes stuff without asking, he's nearly as bad as Junhoe!" Hanbin sighs then picks up the notebook, opening the last page. He reads the first line, "Hey, if you're just a dream..."

Jiwon is sat at the table with the rest of the band, sharing a large pizza. "How was your day?" Yunhyeong looks at Jiwon. "Good, thanks. I was helping Hanbin produce music, I've not played piano for so long!" Junhoe looks at him, confused. "He records the instruments in his studio? I didn't know that... why doesn't he get me to play the guitar then?" Everyone falls silent. They all know it's because Junhoe would get carried away. "I didn't get to record the piano, if he wanted to do that I'm sure he'd just get Donghyuk to play it!" Donghyuk smiles, "thanks Bobby, but I haven't played for years..." "Donghyuk, you'll always be amazing at piano!"

Hanbin reads the next line. "I would say it's a pretty and sad dream"

"Ah... you're too kind Jiwon. You know, I think you should start singing again. Your rapping is amazing but I miss your singing!" Jinhwan nods in agreement, "You have a really sweet voice, Jiwonieee!!"

"Why, with that sweet voice you tell me..." Hanbin sings the line sadly.

"Anyway..." Jiwon finishes his pizza and walks towards the front door. "I'm gonna go and check on my best friend now!" He pulls the door handle down, waving to the boys with his other hand. "Who?" Donghyuk asks quietly. "Hanbin"

Hanbin finishes reading the lyrics just as Jiwon walks into the studio.
"You are my best friend~" "Oh thanks!" Hanbin jumps out of his seat, dropping the notebook on the floor. "How long have you been here, Bobby?!" Jiwon calmly walks over to Hanbin, "just got here, I wanted to check on you!" Hanbin smiles, picking up the notebook. "It's like 1 AM... why are you up so late?" Bobby sits down on the sofa, "Well, we had dinner REALLY late because Chan had baseball practice and acting class" Hanbin tilts his head like a puppy, surprised that they'd wait for Chanwoo. "That's so kind of you guys, I feel like my group is coming together!" Jiwon laughs... the band debuted in 2015 but they're still awkward and fall out sometimes. "I hope we can all be like a family one day, we're like the fathers of iKON!" Hanbin laughs nervously at Jiwon's statement... they're suddenly acting like a couple.

Hanbin opens his eyes, but immediately covers them with his hand as the bright light from the window is blinding.
"Oh, you're up! Morning Hanbin!" Jiwon smiles brightly before handing Hanbin's notebook to him. "I wanted to ask... who is this song for? You wrote at the top of the page 'for my one and only love~'" Hanbin blushes, opening the last page of his notebook, "y-you read it?" Jiwon nods. "You weren't meant to read that!! I wouldn't have minded if someone else read it but... why you?!" Jiwon stares at Hanbin, confused as to what he's trying to say. "So... it was about me??" Hanbin shakes his head before hiding under the blanket on the sofa. "Then who's it for?" Jiwon just won't give up... "FINE... it was for you..."

"...what happened next?!" A little girl is sat by Hanbin as he tells her about how he confessed to his 'one and only love'. "Well, then Jiwonie told Hanbinie that he loved him too!" "And then they got married?" Jiwon walks in after hearing their conversation. "We're not married yet, but if Hanbinie wants to get married then maybe we will one day!" Hanbin looks up at Jiwon and smiles, "I'm sure we will".
Another young child walks into the room, holding a toy car. "Daddy, will you play with me pleaseee??" Jiwon stands up and walks over to him, "of course, Chansung!" The little girl follows the boy and her father to the living room, but Hanbin stays sat in the kitchen. Smiling. He couldn't have been happier.

-The End-

(1044 words)