2000- Emuriel Simson

The rain outside pelted the window glass as Emuriel sat in the cozy cafe, with the warm yellow lights blanketing the indoors.  They had chosen a blueberry muffin and a swirling hot caramel latte. She sat by the window in the cold, leather booth, watching the rainfall from the dark sky. Although they were warm from the cafe, as they looked out the window they couldn't help but feel the cold creeping into their skin. They drew their focus down to the sweet blueberry snack they ordered from the barista. Unwrapping the baked good, they took in a smell of cinnamon sweetness, the smell of a warm, fresh muffin. It was like chewing on heaven. This one confection warmed them from the inside, making it seem more comfortable in the area. They heard the guitar coming from the other side of the homey cafe and gazed towards the stage. Plenty of thoughts slid into their head as they gazed towards the stage, listening to the smooth melody. 

"This place is amazing. I got a discount on my meal and l got a coupon. That's sick."  They spaced out briefly to escape into the headspace they so loved. Sinking through a gooey gate, they fell onto a soft, feathery cloud, flying towards the light in the distance. They sunk deeper into the cloud, falling into the cavern in the middle, where you could possibly snuggle up and take a nap. That was what they so chose to do, slipping slightly into sleep as they flew on towards the emerging night sky. The lacy wings of her birds flew around the cloud, guiding it towards the distance. Off it floats, into the stars.