𝐝𝐢𝐱-𝐡𝐮𝐢𝐭

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫

DIANA HAD BEEN HOME
FOR a week now, and Harry's words hadn't left her head. She hated to admit it, but some of what he said made sense. The mark, the connection, it all added up, but the idea in itself that she and the awkward green eyed boy were soulmates seemed outlandish, and far fetched. Diana wasn't even sure that she wanted to be soulmates with the boy, especially not after he had treated her. Besides, she had Ben, she didn't need Harry, soulmate or not.

Nonetheless she decided to research soulmates, and was currently balancing on the bookshelf's ladder, trying to keep herself from falling, as she looked through the highest shelf of one of the many bookcases in the manors library. Browsing the shelf, she came across a large binder full of old newspaper clippings from the Prophéte Quotidien (the French Daily Prophet) dating as far back as the early 1900s, stopping around 1982. She flipped through the binder, skimming articles about her aunt Apolline's marriage to her uncle Pierre, the birth of Fleur, stopping when she got to a article about her mom.

LABELLE FAMILY NAME ENDS? ÉLOISE LABELLE MARRIES INTO BLACK FAMILY, AFTER WEDDING WITH SIRIUS BLACK!

Diana brows knit together in confusion. Sirius Black? That didn't make any sense. Confused, she continued to flip through the binder looking at the different articles, and headlines.

ÉLOISE BLACK NÉE LABELLE WELCOMES DAUGHTER!

LABELLE NAME TARNISHED? ÉLOISE BLACK NÉE LABELLE BETRAYED BY DEATH EATER HUSBAND?

ÉLOISE BLACK NO MORE?

ÉLOISE BLACK NÉE LABELLE GOING OFF THE DEEP END?

ÉLOISE LABELLE MARRIES CHARLES DUPONT!

"Bloody hell..." Diana's eyes widened as she looked through the binder.

"Di? Are you in here?" Charlie Dupont's voice rang through the library, as he entered the room, pushing through the french doors.

Diana quickly shoved the binder up the back of her sweater, before calling out to her father.

"I'm up here Papa!"

Charlie followed her voice, leaning against the opposite bookshelf looking up at her.

"Watcha doing?" He asked.

"Not much, just uh doing research about the second task for Fleur!" Diana stumbled over her words, willing the binder to stay hidden in her sweater.

"I see. Well how about you take a break, and wash up for dinner. Your grandparents, Aunt Apolline, Uncle Pierre, and your cousins will be here soon, and Tink and your mom made Boeuf Bourguignon." Charlie said referring to their house elf named after the fairy from Peter Pan.

"That sounds great, but is it okay if i finish up in here first, it'll only take like 10 minutes?" She gave her dad a nervous smile.

"Sure thing Pumpkin, don't overwork yourself though, it's the holidays!" Charlie gave Diana a salute before walking out of the library.

Diana let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding as she heard the doors close.

"Holy crap." She breathed, before sliding down the ladder, and slipping out of the library, the binder still hidden within the lilac colored fibers of her sweater.

Diana quickly made her way to the back stairs, scurrying up the many stories of the manor until she got to her room, closing the door behind her.

Her head was spinning with the newfound information she found in the binder, and she had no idea what to make of it.

None of it made sense! Her mom never married Sirius Black. Sirius Black wasn't her father.

Her mother married Charles Dupont on the coast of France in 1979, and she came along a year later.

None of the articles made any sense whatsoever, and yet at the same time they made all the sense in the world.

They explained why Harry asked her if the mass murderer was her father, they explained why her mother had a box in the attic labeled S.B, they explained why the earliest photos of her and her father were all from 1981, rather than the year she was born.

It all added up, but at the same it didn't?  Diana didn't want to believe any of it, because if she did, than she would accept that her whole life was a lie, and she found it was much easier to ignore the truth.

She shimmied into the peach colored dress Tink had set out for her, releasing her waves from her braid, her head spinning all the while.

She had no idea how she was supposed to go downstairs and face her family, all the while knowing they could be keeping such a monumental secret from her.  She felt herself spelt succumb to the familiar obscurity that was her anxiety, the dark feeling slowly swallowing her whole, completely unsure of what to do, or who to talk to.

Diana paced her room, coming to a stop when she caught sight of a unopened letter on her desk.

Dear Harry,
she began.

Dear Harry,she began

AUTHORS NOTE!

i'm back & everything is
coming together!! also i'm so sorry for the late update, but i hope you all enjoy!! also this is unedited, i just wanted to get something out as quickly as possible!!

lots of love!
-hayleigh<3