Chapter 1

I walked on the sidewalk past the little shops looking up at the big city of London. "I made it," I whispered myself.

   That's the only thing I could remember of the first day I got here.

   It doesn't feel real.

  It's been 2 weeks already, I've explored the city a lot but I also started working on my apartment.

   But anyways I'm Mary-Jane but everyone calls me Mary, yeah I know but I come from a family of hippies. My grandparents went to Woodstock and my parents have a Volkswagon van and still dress like it's the '70's. I'm kinda like my family but not, I wanna travel the world and be someone that's why I'm in London.

   I'm starting to cross things off of my bucket list.

   This was Number 1: Go to the UK.

_______________________________________

   I busted into my apartment arms full of grocery bags that I slammed on the counter.

  "Holy Shit," I said panting and wiping my forehead. I took a few-minute break to look out of the big picture window that showed an amazing view of the sun that was setting. The only thing that gave me inner peace was watching the sun come up and go down. 

   I took a deep breath and turned back around to face the mountain of groceries that was sitting on the island counter.

   I put them away and flopped on the couch, I looked at the clock "8:45". I got up and decided to go to a pub because I can legally drink here.

   I got up and walked to my room and changed. I had on a black lacy corset top that was sheer on my stomach, it also made my boobs look nice. I had on a pair of ripped high-waisted blue jeans. I rummaged through the shoeboxes until I found my high-top black and white Jordan 1's. I pulled them on and walked to my bathroom and did simple make-up besides my eyeliner. 

   I did my eyeliner kinda dramatically because I thought it would distract people from my eyes. I never liked the color, there was a sugar gray color.

   I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone and apartment keys. I made my way out of the apartment. I decided to walk instead of catching a taxi.

   I started walking and breathing in the crisp night air.

   I enjoyed the night more than the day, it was much more peaceful in my opinion and more beautiful.

   It was about a 20-minute walk to the bar I wanted to go to, I hated crowds and just decided to keep walking until I found a smaller, less crowded place. 

   I pulled open the glass door only seeing a handful of people, I made my way to the bar and ordered myself a drink. I got a few stares from people because of the top I was wearing. It didn't really bother me because I was used to getting stares, mostly bc of the way I dressed. 

   I felt someone bump into me making me spill my drink all over myself.

   "I'm so sorry, Luv." I heard the man say behind me grabbing napkins. 

   "It's okay," I said laughing while trying to get as much of the liquid off of me.

   "Let me buy you a drink as an apology." He said, smiling at me.

   "I think I'm just going to go home." I replied, wrapping my arms over myself, "Can I drive you home?" He asked me while taking off his jacket and offered it to me.

   "Sure," I said, taking his jacket and wrapping it around myself, he took my arm and walked me out to his car. I couldn't keep my eyes off of his feathered brown hair that almost reached his shoulders.