| 8 |

Chapter Eight

~

Finally, Monday's over. The dreaded first day of the week, where everyone is exhausted and annoyed. It's done.

My backpack feels ten times heavier than it normally does, because Ms. Bell sent us home with two text books.
I'll need a back brace soon if all this homework keeps up.

"Y/n you wanna come over to my house? Me and Noah are gonna probably play some video games and eat like shit," Gaten invites and slings his backpack over his shoulder.

I turn away from my locker and face the two, just as the bell rings to end the day.
"Yeah, sure..." I nod, "but what about Finn? You said he had a dentist appointment this morning but it's not exactly morning anymore..."

The two boys exchange a glance and Noah quickly fills in, "He just decided to take the day off. He probably was in a bit of pain or something."

Do I believe them? No. But am I gonna waste my energy on finding out what the truth is? No.

"Okay then..." I sigh and tuck some hair behind my ear, "I'll come."

Gaten smiles and some of his curly hair bounces in front of his eyes.
"I'll see you then! C'mon Noah," he gestures toward the other boy and the two of them link arms and start skipping out of school.

I chuckle a little at their foolishness, and turn back towards my locker to close the door.
But once I turned back around, just getting ready to leave for the day, I see Clara and James.

Unfortunately, Clara's locker is just a few away from Louis' and only a row in front of mine. While the brown haired boy was packing up his things, clearly in a rush to leave the uncomfortable situation, James was smiling at Clara and they were both being all lovey-dovey, around each other.

Clara would slide a folder into her bag, and James would peck her cheek.
She'd zip up one pouch.
He'd wrap his arms around her waist and pull her into a hug.

It was clear that Louis wasn't comfortable. I wouldn't be either.

But then something clicked in me.

Small, but strong.

I didn't want him to feel this way.

I didn't want him to struggle like this.

I want him to be with the girl he loves.

I want to see a smile on his face. Not a frown.

And that was all I needed. That small little click to send me enough confidence.

So screw it. I want to help.

Before I could hesitate to do anything, I throw my backpack over my shoulder and walk towards Louis' locker.

"Hey Louis," I giggle in a slightly flirtatious tone, approaching beside him with a smile on my lips.
I'm not one to ever do something like this. My heart is beating wildly and my mind is racing.

Louis quickly turns around and sees me standing there. Confusion plasters on his face.
I quickly clear my throat and stand directly beside him, before slipping my hand into his and crossing our fingers.
"How was your day?" I ask and give his hand a squeeze.