The Kids in the Castle

Marinette Dupin-Cheng has always lived in the castle, her parents Tom and Sabine worked in the kitchen making all the baked goods. She wasn't the only little Girl who lived in the castle there was also a little girl named Alya Cessaire who was her first ever friend and also best friend since their parents worked together in the kitchen. 

At the age of 4 the girls used to go with there parents to deliver the food for breastfast to the royal family each morning. It was good for them to get out of the house and see what working in the castle was like.  Alya always helped and carried the water tray since she wanted to be helpful but Marinette didn't carry anything of course since she was such a klutz.

 At the Age of 6 Alya's parents started teaching her how to cook, while Marinette learned how to bake. Marinette loved to bake but was always so messy. Her parents were hoping that when she was old enough that she could work in the kitchen with them, but it clear it wasn't for her. As the year went on Sabine noticed that Marinette loved fashion. Marinette was always drawing different coloured, patterned and styled dresses and for a six year old they were pretty good. This gave Sabine an idea, she decided to teach Marinette how to sew so she could make her dresses when she was good enough. Sabine learned how to sew from her mother and it was a great tradition to pass on and this was a good opportunity to start.  Marinette was so excited to learn how to make clothes and other stuff , she loved making stuff and drawing. Her mother taught her every night something new, and she would practice each morning. Alya missed having Marinette there to deliver the food for breastfast, but she didn't mind since after they were done Marinette would always showed her what she made.

At the age of 8 Marinette finally had the skill, talent, and knowledge on how to make dresses and all her different designs. They all were really simple but Marinette keep going because she loved what she was doing. Each week her mother would take her to the village to get her materials as well as groceries. Marinette now had a book to keep her designs in which were amazing, she was an amazing artist and her baking skill has got a lot better, but not good enough to give to the royal family. Alya had token up writing as a hobby, she starting writing about princes falling in love with a princess from a far of kingdom and getting married. She dreamed that one day that she would find a prince for her and Marinette of course.

 One day when Marinette was making a dress, Alya asked her 

"Hey Marinette do you think either of use will marrying a prince one day?"                            

Marinette responded not even looking up from her project 

 "I don't think so, how would we even meet one?"

  Alya then turned to Marinette to answer her question

"well at a ball of course"

 Marinette still not looking up from the dress she was making answered  

"And how would we get invited"   

Alya thought about it for a moment, and then said   

"maybe we could get Princess Chloe to invite us"    

Marinette finally looked up from sewing and told Alya  

"We don't even know Princess Chloe, and I don't think we could get her attention, we are like lower than her servant in terms of levels we are just their kids, we are on the lowest level there is".