doing diluc's makeup

"hold still," you grumbled, adjusting yourself on diluc's lap. he grunted a bit, squirming a little in your grasp. yet, he knew how to follow your orders.

diluc tensed as the pen finally made contact with his eye. he stifled a flinch, starting to mumble about how the ink was cold.

"it's not that bad, silly. just calm down." you finished the wing up, leaning back to admire your handiwork.

"see? was that hard?" diluc shook his head, opening his mouth- but before he could speak, you went to work on his other eye.

you swept the eyeliner pen across his eyelid swiftly, making sure it stayed even with the other eye. you created the wing, your tongue poking out of your lips slightly as you concentrated.

diluc sighed, trying to shake off the weird feeling. you chuckled, finishing up his eyeliner and taking out your eyeshadow palette.

he groaned a little, shutting his eyes again as you went back to work. you carefully blended the red and black pigment under his eyes, connecting it to the wing.

by the time you were finished, diluc had started to lean into your touch, slightly- slightly- embracing the feeling of having his makeup done.

"alrighty! all finished." you smiled warmly, leaning back again to look at the finished product.

he looked.... quite weird, if you were being honest. well, not weird. but... out of his element, maybe? yeah, out of his element.

this was not the first time you've done makeup on diluc- it's just the first time he's agreed for you to do eyeliner. in the few times you've made him up, you've noticed that things like some black eyeshadow lining his eye makes him look very attractive.

you held up the mirror for your boyfriend to see- not expecting him to hold back a laugh. diluc's cheeks were slightly puffed from the effort, and his cheeks were starting to turn a light shade of pink.

"so? do you like it or no?" diluc's composure wavered at that.

"i like it, it's just that..." he trailed off, not knowing how to properly express what he was feeling.

"it doesn't fit you," you finished for him, patting his head when he nodded.

"yeah, that."

you giggled a little bit, putting down the mirror to press a chaste kiss to his cheek.

"oh, well. thank you for trying for me."

"of course, darling. whatever makes you happy."

diluc wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you back into his lap. he placed his face into your neck, not seeming to worry about messing up his makeup.

"now, will you help me get this off? i have work soon."

you laughed at that, starting to get up.

"of course."

a/n: here's the link to the original fic!! https://kraeyas.tumblr.com/post/651276404349190145/untitled-diluc-ragnvindr-x-reader-summary-you-do