1

'I was in junior year and I had finals coming up. I was on my way to the school for first period when I got a sudden need for coffee.

I stopped at our local Tim Horton's to order a cold brew, as it was way too warm outside for a warm drink.

When I got inside, I saw the most gorgeous being to ever walk the earth. I went up to the counter.

"Can I uh get a medium cold brew, 1 milk 2 sugar?" I, being the cocky person I am, looked down at his name tag before adding, "Noah." And winking at him.

All your father did was nod before hurrying to place my order.

"T-That will be $2.29 please..."

I held up my debit card before scanning it.'

"Can we speed this up? It's taking forever!" Miya, my youngest daughter whines.

"Sure darling."

'I went back to Tim Horton's every morning after that. I ordered the same coffee and sat in the same seat.

Your father, always worked mornings. Every time I would show up, I would try my hardest to flirt with him, but it never seemed to be working on him.

One morning, the beginning of exam week, I ordered 2 coffees. When I sat down by myself, he seemed confused.

I waited around 5 minutes, when the clock hit 9, I went up to the counter, seeing your father taking off his work hat.

"Your shift is over. Would you like to sit with me and drink a cold brew?" Your father just froze and blushed.

"Please?" I asked, sounding a LOT more desperate. It seemed to snap him out of his trance and he nodded.

We sat down across from each other and I slid a coffee over to him.

That date was where I learned the most about him. The reason he wasn't at school, the things he enjoyed, where he wanted to go in life, I even learned about uncle Gage and aunt Kendall!

I ended up missing my first exam, but it was definitely worth it. It was the first date of many. When I graduate high school, I still had the same routine. Always getting the same coffee, at the same time, sitting in the same seat.'

"That was so boring! I was hoping it would be epic." Carson, my 10 year old groaned.

"We got married about a year after I graduated, if that makes it epic."

"Not even close. I love you, I'm going out with Kate." Jason, my 15 year old kissed us both on the cheek.

"Be home for 11!" I shout before he heads out to pick up his girlfriend.

"Alright little birds, bed time." Noah speaks as he picks Miya up and grabs Carson's hand.

We tuck them in, turn off the light and go back to the sitting room.

"You never mentioned my crazy father who hated you." Noah laughs.

"I want them to know happy endings always come back."