1071-1100

Chapter 1071: Amazed

The girl blinked and twisted her hands together, looked down and said, "I'm going to cook." Then she ran out.

As soon as the girl left, Xia Mo rose from her chair.

She glared at Xiao Yi angrily and put both hands on her waist, showing her displeasure. "Uncle Xiao, why are you attracting women everywhere you go?"

Xiao Yi raised his head and looked at the angry Xia Mo. "What?"

Xia Mo scoffed. "That girl likes you."

Xiao Yi had no expression on his face, nor did his eyebrows move. "Really?" He pursed his lips. "But what's the problem?"

Xia Mo was speechless.

Indeed, it seemed like there was nothing wrong with it!

After all, a handsome and charming man could not be unpopular. The girl was aided by him and it was not unreasonable for her to have feelings for him!

As long as he had no designs towards that girl.

Thinking in such a way, Xia Mo felt more at ease. Xiao Yi put down the teacup and looked at Xia Mo. "Who's your sister?"

Xia Mo was stunned.

Thinking of how she had mentioned to the girl that he was her brother-in-law, Xia Mo scratched her head and laughed, embarrassed. "I just said it casually!"

"Don't link me with her anymore." Xiao Yi took out a cigarette from his pants pocket and put it back when he remembered he was in a school.

Xia Mo was startled and understood immediately who Xiao Yi meant by 'her'.

"Uncle Xiao, is it really impossible between you and Chief Editor Xia?"

Xiao Yi said nothing and stood up to leave.

...

After dinner, Xia Mo interviewed the principal and some children.

Xia Mo returned to the dormitory the principal had arranged for her to stay, but she saw that girl standing in the corridor outside Xiao Yi's door, her shoulders shaking as if she was crying.

Xia Mo frowned. This girl was pestering Uncle Xiao, wasn't she?

Xia Mo was about to say something when she heard the girl say, "My brother suddenly suffered from vomiting and diarrhea. I heard from the principal that there are doctors from the city who came with you. Can you ask the doctor to take a look at my brother?"

So her brother had fallen sick! Xia Mo still thought girls from the mountains were so scheming!

Xiao Yi quickly put his windbreaker on and had no expression on his face. "Where is he?"