1 ➳ awe struck.

it was so packed. the loud voices gave my head a pounding headache. i held my hand to my temple and rubbed it in attempt to ease the tension. the blur of people stretched far and wide.

i felt so.. out of place. i had nearly never been outside the reiss chapel. the sun was burning my skin, and the blue sky.. was beautiful.

unlike most of the people there, i knew and understood why the sky was blue. it seemed like such simple knowledge, but the people inside the walls.. didn't know a thing.

we lined up together in rows as instructor shadis called out the ones that looked particularly weak, and made them introduce themselves.

the dreaded time came when he reached me, but not before taking interest in my eyes. i've gotten used to it, living above the ground. it had purple and white streaks in them. others had brown, hazel eyes.

i kept a calm face as he walked passed me. i mentally let a sigh of relief as he walked away.

after screaming at a few more people, punishing the potato girl, and nearly killing connie, it was time for supper.

i looked to the poor girl, running laps without any food. grabbing an extra roll and some water, i sat down. 

the blond girl beside me looked extremely bored, as if she had better things to do than training. she was special; and that didn't take an expert to see.

turning towards her, she shot me a glance. sticking out my hand, she glared at it before meeting my eyes again.

smiling, i introduced myself.

"y/n.. y/n's the name. it's a pleasure to meet you."

the look on her face turned into one of slight curiosity as she studied my eyes.

she hesitated before bringing her hand to meet mine.

"annie.. leonhart." she said. i nodded before standing up. she looked confused as i walked away to leave.

finding sasha to be nearly passed out on the floor, i jogged up to her.

she immediatly got up and lunged at me, as if sensing i had brought food with me.

"ah—!"

she munched on the bread as i handed the water. she stared at me with her eyes dazzling.

"a-are you.. god?" she whispered. i laughed as she continued to maul the bread in her hands.

a girl appeared from the shadows; dark brown hair, with freckles. she glanced at me, then sasha.

"hey, girl.. are you trynna do a.. "good deed?"" she asked.

"i— uh hm.." i glanced at the ground as she picked up sasha, who passed out of exhaustion.

"ymir. nice to meetcha. now let's get potato girl to bed, eh?" she said.

i stood up and patted my clothing, before asking her : "ymir.. are you doing a good deed?"

she snickered before shooting me a smirk.

"i'm doing this, so later on this freak here owes me a favor."

i smiled and walked her back to the barracks.

it was a good day. a nice day..