Vignette Assignment

Read the description please!

Also, get ready for the cringe.

Good luck.

--

"Where do you think it would be?"

"In a classroom or something, I don't know? It's been a week since summer started and you guys know how easily I can forget things."

"Yeah, I'm surprised you even made it through with all of the missing assignment you had."

"Hey! Not cool!" Jerry shouted while Rachel snickered at his reaction. It wasn't enough to make me laugh but it did amuse me to make a smirk appear on my face. Jerry and Rachel would always bicker with each other, Rachel being the one to provoke Jerry at any time and with him falling for it. I met them both at the lunch table the start of my first year of High-school, so it has been a year since our friendship Started. Rachel was a very sarcastic and abrupt girl that will not miss any opportunity to get into people's skin, making majority of the school avoid her. But under all the sarcastic and rude comments, there is a smart and observant young woman who shows she cares in her own way and takes pride of being the backbone of the group. Jerry, on the other hand, was a very passionate boy with a lot of energy to pop into any activity given no matter what it is. He is most known and envied by at a lot of people because he never looked tired by the end of a hard day of gym. They are an interesting group, they are mostly always seen arguing like an old married couple. But, even if they look like they dislike each other, they will always have each other's back whenever and where ever, no matter what.

"Shush! Somebody could still be in here!" Trinity said, her voice mixed with order and fear.

"Yeah right. Do you really believe anyone is here in the summer, especially on a weekend? And besides, I didn't see any cars in the parking lot. Did you, Triny winy?" An annoyed Rachel snarkily replied. Trinity grumbled, not liking the feeling of being wrong, especially to a person like Rachel.

Trinity has been one of the only friends I made that stuck with me from Middle-school. I guess you can call her a teacher's pet. She is the one with the perfect grades, always answering questions the teachers ask, always arrives on time, and remembers the rules like the back of her hand to correct people when they do what she considers, "breaking the rules". But then you may be asking yourself, "if she is a so called teacher's pet, then why is she with a group like this and sneaking into the school she loves so much"? Well, who said she hasn't tried to run away? Oh, she tired, multiple times. But she could never get away from Rachel, no matter how hard she tried. She came to accept it after the 46th time. After that, she never really resisted when she was pulled by Rachel, with an exception of some complaints.

"If my memory serves me right, your classroom should be coming up right over here?" I said with slight uncertainty. I never enjoyed school like Trinity or how Jerry loved gym, so I can easily forget where things are in the school.

Speaking of forgetting things, the reason we are all here is because Jerry forgot his phone in the school. He has been searching for it everywhere but to come to no avail. He concluded that it must be in the school, probably in one of the classrooms. So instead of calling the authority, he called us, using his house phone, to help him break in the school to get his phone back at 9:30 at night because he claims that he "can't live without it". And we stupidly agreed. Well more like me and Rachel, we both had to literally drag Trinity there.

Luckily, we didn't need to break anything to get in, much to Trinity's utter pleaser and horror. Rachel remembered that there was a stuck open window that we can use, and then we are here.