Across a crowded room

I never thought I'd like making friends in High School, but after my old friend Peter Parker said he got to invite 5 friends to an avengers party as part of his stark internship. Well I'm gonna be honest I didn't really know how or why he had that internship after stark died, but I guess Pepper Potts must have been doing a fine job though especially considering the avengers tower got put back up.
Anyways well my undergrad friends in my Sophomore year at Columbia probably didn't have those connections.
Glad I kept in touch with him after I graduated.
Now I was going up an elevator to the top of the old stark tower with Peter and his friends closer in his age. MJ and Ned. I never really knew them all that much in high school. Just that MJ had a more somber demeanor to her and Ned liked to laugh.
The bell rung as the elevator stopped at the top telling us it was time to get off.
"Just have fun guys. These guys are all people like us." Peter remarked as he stepped off.
I tried to keep my eyes nickel and dime sized despite the want they felt to go saucer sized.
This place was insanely fancy. The people all looked like Hollywood movie stars despite the fact that they well did extremely dangerous stuff for a living that navy seals couldn't even comprehend.
Well I presume at least some of them, all these people couldn't be avengers right?
I saw the new Captain America Sam making small talk. Controlling his area of the room. Close to him was this tall, dark and handsome man sitting down looking up at Sam with a slight smirk.
He had a chiseled face with about an inch of facial hair. His dark hair was cut short, and he had blue eyes, they looked mischievous as they looked at Sam, but as he turned his head and he seemed to give me a quick glance. I could see a little bit of hurt behind those crystal blue eyes. He gave a sad halfway smile to me before he looked back at Sam.
I looked for Peter to ask about the mysterious man. I found him at the bar nursing what looked like a scotch. Seriously what kind of internship was this?
"Hey Pete?"
"Yeah y/n?"
"That quiet loner type hanging out with the new Captain America. Who is he?"
"Oh that's Bucky. You're a journalism student aren't you? Shouldn't you know who he is?"
I cocked an eyebrow. That was Bucky? The former infamous winter soldier who also fought alongside Captain America back during Nazi occupied Germany and was thought dead. The man that had been apart of the mission to shutdown The flag smashers terrorist group in New York recently. He was an elite soldier. Maybe the MOST elite besides Captain America himself (either one).
Although I guess he just wasn't I expected. He looked different from any newscast picture.
Happier I guess. Healthier even.
"Oh yeah. I guess he just wasn't what I expected."
Peter looked at me with a quizzical face. "Do you have a crush on Bucky?"
"What? I don't even know the guy!"
"I'm just saying you look flustered." He said with a smirk.
It was nice to see Peter with such confidence he was never like this when I first knew him.
"Maybe you could introduce me."
Peter laughed. "Yeah right that guy? You're a journalism student, you'll have to interview scary people all the time someday. Do it yourself."
I shrugged. "Fine maybe I will."
I look across the room. He's nursing his drink. I start my March.