Chapter 1

Jennifer Jareau, JJ, was sleeping peacefully in her bedroom when she was woken up by a text notification from Penelope Garcia. "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE," the text read. JJ might have laughed if it wasn't 2:31 am and she was exhausted. But the job called. She pushed herself up and off her bed, trudging to her closet and getting dressed. She shuffled down to her kitchen, not bothering to be quiet, as her son was with his father. The divorce hadn't been ugly, just ended calmly from lack of attraction on both sides, but was amicable due to Henry. They remained friends as well as was possible in this situation.

She groaned as she looked in the fridge. All the food was old, as she had just gotten back from a week-long case yesterday and hadn't had time to grocery shop. She decided on getting a granola bar and getting coffee at the office, as she also hadn't made coffee yet.

She got her keys from the front table and got in her car, before driving to the FBI at Quantico. She rode the elevator up to her floor, and took a couple minutes to pour a cup of coffee before making her way to the conference room to hear Garcia present the case. THESE ARE ALL FAKE PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW ANY ACTUAL FOREIGN DIGNITARIES.

"These are Suraj Woodley, 42, Brent Copeland, 53, Hallam North, 38, Kristopher Conley, 36, Katerina Albescu, 30, Tracey Stamp, 50, and Roxanne Gates, 46, all foreign and domestic dignitaries, all poisoned in their homes."

"What was used as the method of poisoning?" JJ asked.

"They used a poison called Botulinum toxin," Garcia answered. 

"Botulinum toxin was declared the deadliest toxin on the planet, and agreed consensus between next to all scientists. At most one nanogram an kill a human. Type A is the most potent. These are polypeptides, consisting of over 1,000 amino acid molecules joined together. They cause muscle paralysis by preventing the release of the signalling molecule acetylcholine. It causes the disease botulism, a rare but serious illness that attacks the body's nerves. If they poisoned with Botulinum toxin, they most likely contaminated the food or drink the person was consuming," Reid stated, facts pouring out of his mouth like a waterfall. 

"We believe this is not the first of these attacks, nor will they be the last. With an international criminal, they will be that much harder to catch. Wheels up in 30."

* * *

Emily Prentiss was sitting on her window seat overlooking the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy. She was in one of the townhouses right at the border of the water, and she could see the Sun reflecting off the water for miles. She took a sip of her tea and focused her attention back on her book. She heard a near-silent squeak of a floorboard, and, without turning her gaze from her book, said, "Hello Tsia."

"Hello Emily. Or is it something else?" Emily Prentiss, the ambassador's perfect daughter, or some made-up name, likely stolen from a random person, a cover up for an international criminal.

"I just got here. I'll decide when something interesting happens," she said with a grin. When Tsia was silent for a couple of seconds, Emily turned her head and asked, "Was that all, or was there something else?"

"A team from the BAU has begun to start investigating the deaths of the dignitaries." Emily rolled her eyes. Those annoying pests.

"Which team?"

"Aaron Hotchner's." Aaron Hotchner. The name was familiar.

"Picture?"

Tsia handed her a picture of the team gathered at the round table, and from the pictures on the screen in the background, presenting her case. Emily still couldn't believe they hadn't found the cameras she installed in pretty much every government building in the United States, along with all the other countries she's lived in. "Oh, yes. I recognize them. They're good." She put the picture down on the table, took another sip of tea, and started reading her book again.