~ Chapter 1 ~

"I promise that I'll hold you when it's cold out,

When we lose our winter coats in the spring"

I neatly folded the navy blue winter coat as I compressed it into the box of clothes, and covered it up before stacking it up on top of a few other boxes of my belongings. I looked around the living room, feeling the absence of the sofa that once held a happy bond, and the television that played our drama.

    I've sold those off, I didn't need another reason for my already-broken heart to shatter once more - the thought of my promise played in my head, as if it was trying to break me apart.

*              *             *

    "Jinho," Eunhui spoke softly, with her tone serious now. I hummed my reply, as she held my chin to turn my face away from our intertwined hands so that our eyes could meet. "Promise me. Promise me you'll never leave me."

    My eyes searched her facial expressions, her gaze filled with anticipation, worry, and a bit of insecurity. "Eunhui, I promise-," I confidently spoke as I raised our hands, squeezing hers in mine comfortingly. "I promise to hold you like this whenever you need me to, and I'll hold onto your beautiful hands for as long as you'd like me to."

    A smile then spread on her face, chasing away all of her negative thoughts and feelings, along with my doubt as she pulled me into a side-hug, and we stayed that way for a long time, feeling the warmth and comfort of each other in the cold winter, wishing that we would never have to let go of each other.

    But we did.

*             *            *

    I scoffed as I snapped back into reality, not wanting to believe how naive I used to be. Forever? There was never such a thing, and there never will be. I took one last look at the living room before I headed back to my room to continue packing up, shaking my head.

    I put away the non-essential items I had into another empty box, while throwing away the things I no longer needed into a trash bag. I had to clear out this apartment within a week - so I'm partially glad that the other room had already been cleared by Eunhui a few months ago.

    I took my time to fill the brown cardboard box with my memories, placing my past gifts, certificates and awards carefully.

#              #            #

—————————————————————————
A/N
Hey guys!! I'm sorry this part is short lolz, there will be some long and short chapters here and there, please bear with me 😂
Thanks for reading!! 💜💜