The Dream Weavers

The dream weavers live on the clouds. They are a fairly peaceful people who create dreams for little boys and girls.

They are a kind and caring people, but some of them are reckless.

One day, a reckless little dream weaver saw a little boy who put a frog in his sister's ear. That night, he have the little boy a horrible, terrible, scare-able dream. The boy dreamed of frogs-- frogs everywhere! Running around, getting into peoples' hair and climbing into their ears. The boy woke up crying.

The next day, the boy went to school and took some lunch from a younger boy. He ate it right in front of him just to be cruel. So that night, the dream weaver gave him a maddening, saddening, baddening dream. The boy dreamed of someone holding out water just beyond his grasp, while forcing him to eat hot peppers. The boy again woke up crying.

The next day, the boy was sharp to his teacher, and he called her ugly and mean. The dream weaver was beginning his work when another dream weaver came up to him.

"Dream weaver," he said. "Why do you give this boy terrible dreams?"

"Because," replied the dream weaver, "this boy has done bad things."

"Ah, but you see," said the other dream weaver, "Boys who do bad things are the ones who need good dreams the most-- they need good dreams to show them what they can become."

So that night, the dream weaver gave the boy a beautiful, wonderful, courage-ful dream. That boy dreamed of the heroism in an apology, and the kindness of reconciliation.

The next day, the boy told his teacher that she was pretty and nice, he gave the little boy he'd stolen from his own lunch, and apologized to his sister.

That little boy has never been mean since.

Some dreams really can come true.