𝖙𝖜𝖔.

━━━━━━━━━━ ♯ ━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, kiya could see his face more clearly and her eyes widened in shock and fear. her line of vision started with his gaze and followed the staples that were intricately placed under his eyes and along his cheeks. one side of his nose had silver piercings, while part of his face, neck and what was visible of his arms were a burnt shade of dark purple that looked like leather in the illumination of the moon.

what the hell? his face...., kiya stared at him with parted lips, frozen in place.

there was a manic, dangerous expression on his face as he crouched down in front of her. immediately, the man grabbed her by the neck and kiya let out a hiss and shrieked in pain, for his hand was still hot from before. hoisting her up by her throat, he made her stand on her own two feet and he further closed the distance, bringing his lips to her ear.

"move an inch or make a sound, and i will burn...your fucking...flesh off," he said slowly in a low, threatening tone. stepping back a little, his turquoise blue eyes wandered all over her face, body and then let his gaze linger on the hand that was beginning to squeeze the life out of her neck. holding her in this position awakened something in him that he couldn't quite distinguish. was it arousal? power? excitement? something else? he couldn't really tell in the moment, but he knew he was relishing it.

kiya tried to stifle the pain by pursing her lips shut, but to no avail; tears continued to fall down her face. it rolled down the man's fingers and he couldn't help but smirk maliciously at the physical and emotional anguish he was causing her. 

suddenly, a feeling of familiarity washed over the man's brain. "hmm, your that girl from that store, aren't you?"

the brown-skinned woman didn't want to upset him any further so she nodded her head meekly. humming again, his grip loosened as he threw her down on the cold grass. with a soft grunt, she crawled away from him towards a stone bench and pulled herself on it. all the while the man followed and took a seat right next to her.

"w-what do you want from me? i promise i-i won't tell anyone what i saw! i promise!!" kiya pleaded helplessly.

the young man only stared at her blankly. obviously, he wasn't stupid enough to actually believe her. "how much did you see?" he asked with a straight face.

the girl's mouth slacked open a little, surprised that he asked that so nonchalantly. 

"well?" he asked again after not hearing an answer from her. he held up his left palm and it began to flicker, the flame growing brighter. it was clear that he was trying to intimidate the young woman into talking and it worked. she flinched away from him as she stumbled out an answer,"i-i.. not much.. i didn't see anything except those people's bodies....burning on the ground."