Chapter 1

Hey guys *waves*.

I'm so excited . So this is the first book that I have ever written!!

The first few chapters are kinda short but... I hope you guys like it.

But wait. A question.- Do you guys have a place that you go to when you're feeling low, where you feel peaceful and calm or just an escape place?
.
.
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last time I checked, my watch showed 5:15 am indicating it was dawn.
I sat there, steady, breathing.
It was seriously cold up here but I liked it. There was peace, there was quiet, and above all else it felt like time was frozen only for me.

Beside me, there was an old and abandoned bird cage, where my pet lovebirds used to be. Though it was a really long time ago, it reminded me of the good times where I was the happiest.
My dad and I cleaned the cage every Sunday, well he would do most of it. When he coaxed me to help him scrub the poop stained rods , I would stick out my tongue at him in disgust and he would poke me in my ribs jokingly, laughing. We both would end up on the floor in a fit of giggles. Times were much simpler then, happy even.

The chilly air blew stinging my lungs and bringing me back to reality. The roof above my room was my escape place. I had climbed up one day through the back of my window to hang up the climbers in our garden, though mom didn't want to risk it, my dad did believe in experimenting. He was an absolute adventurer. He took us on long hikes, to waterfalls and rocky mountains and what not. And we enjoyed every bit of it, the three of us. When I stood there for the first time, everything felt exposed. I felt like we were only one among the many buildings that over looked our 3 storey house, like everything was fragile and could fall down on us at any time. I remember feeling not so safe anymore until my dad carefully landed me back into his strong arms. When I told him about it, he bent down on his knees, taking my tiny hands in his, he had whispered in my ears, "Let's make a mark so that you never forget that you're strong and we are always going to be there for you."

So dad brought out the paints on a sunny Sunday morning, the sky a blameless blue in color. The pretty orchids bloomed nearby as we stood behind mom's truck and painted what they used to call me, their favorite color, 'Blu'. I thought it was silly but I liked it. Mom had painted the 'B' as neat as possible before paint streaked her pink cheeks when she tried to push her long brown hair out of her face. Dad had laughed, kissing her. I had done the 'L' with shabby hands as I was never one to master soft skills. Dad had painted the 'U' skillfully, tilting his head to the side and painting a half sun above it. I remember the letters looking as bold as the sun's first rays and squealing with joy when we were finished.

Now, I could see the pale ring of the sun above me, burning like the end of a lit cigarette. Once I realised that it was time for school I climbed down, stepping carefully on my window rods and making my way through the garden door that led straight into my room. I quickly changed into jeans, a stripped shirt and some converse, grabbed my bag and jogged down into the kitchen.
I saw my 11 year old sister sitting on a bar stool, gulping down orange juice as I grabbed a piece of her half eaten waffle.
"Hey!", Coco yelled.

"Please tell me he's here already.", I groaned, ignoring her, referring to my best friend, Mark.

"Nope. And this time he isn't hiding behind the counter either.", she said, rolling her eyes.

"Are you sure?... About the 'not here' part, I mean."

"Yes. Anyways I'm out of here", she said, swinging her bag onto her shoulders and walking towards the door.

"Not so fast. Dad told me to walk with you, specifically."

I hear a mumble of "whatever", as she runs towards the door.

"Hey...no running", I remind her, following closely behind.