Reactor Self Destruct

Meowscles and Icefang were members of the B-Plasma Core Spaceship, a ship in the middle of space of which consists of a plasma reactor core, and about a dozen scientists. Their job is to keep the core stable. "G'Mornin, icefang. It's 8 in the morning." 10 minutes later, they were in the core room, the place where the scientists control the core. The core itself is a source of energy. "Okay, let's do this... enter code... 5-1-9-5-0..." "Code accepted." said a computerized voice. Icefang nodded. "Stage 1 complete. Initiate stage 2." Meowscles turned a key. "Pressurizing containment field..." 8 lasers popped out of the floor, walls, and ceiling in the core chamber. They began spraying a black liquid in a straight line, to form a transparent black ball. "Pressure adequate. Ready for startup." Meowscles nodded. "Icefang, honors?" Icefang pushed a big red button. "Core startup activated. Please evacuate the core chamber." Nobody was in the core chamber, only the core control room. "Setting lights to low power mode for startup..." The lights dimmed. There was a faint rumbling, and then a bright blue flash of light. "Injecting plasma..." The rumbling stopped, and the light became less brighter. "Startup sequence complete. Redirecting power to lights..." The lights in the room went back to normal. "Perfect!"

**TIMESKIP - 3 HOURS LATER**

"Re-calibrating coolants. Well, I think that needless to say I did a pretty good jo-" Icefang's sentence was interrupted by a power outage. "Uhhh, well at least the core is stable." The core's power lasers shut off, and the core faded away." "Icefang, what did you do?" asked meowscles "Nothing! Literally nothing, I swear!" On the monitor screen, the words "CRITICAL ERROR DETECTED" appeared. "Wh-wh-what's happening!?" The computer typed again. "ANALYZING ERROR" "ERROR DETECTED: EMERGENCY ACTIVATION OF PROTOCOL PL-61" Icefang was shocked. "Wait, you don't mean..." "EMERGENCY PROTOCOL NOW ACTIVE - EMERGENCY DESTRUCT NOW ENGAGED" The lights turned back on, but they were yellow. "Meowscles, what's happening!?" "It seems like a hacker hacked the server mainframe and activated the ESDS!" Meowscles was interrupted by a computerized voice. "Danger. The emergency destruct system is now active. The ship will detonate in T-minus 10 minutes. The option to override automatic detonation will expire in T-minus 5 minutes." The two were deep in shock and panic. "To override the ESDS, please push the red buttons located around the ship." Meowscles tried to take off to do it, but Icefang stopped him. "Meowscles, what are you doing!?" "What does it look like!? I'm trying to stop the ship from blowing up!" "Meowscles, it's no use. We don't HAVE 5 minutes to go around the whole station pushing buttons! Let's face it, our work and research is gone." Meowscles sighed. "Well can we at LEAST grab what we have and print it to paper?" "Ok, that we can do." The two proceeded to take all the data they collected and print it out. "The option to override automatic detonation will expire in t-minus 1 minute." "Meowscles we need to hurry up here!" "Icefang, there's one more paper of data!" After it finished printing, the two put all the papers into a cardboard box. "Let's get to the escape pods!" said Icefang. "Yeah we-" "The option to override automatic detonation has now expired. The ship will automatically detonate in t-minus 5 minutes." Ignoring this, the two kept running.

**TIMESKIP - 1 MINUTE**

The two had reached the escape pods. There were 25 pods, and each could fit 4 people. There were 80 people at the station, and 40 of them had already taken off. "Icefang, you get our stuff in the ship! I'll get some survival crates!" "Get 4 of them! The ship can fit 6, but we dont have that time!" "Uh, ok!" "The ship will detonate in t-minus 2 minutes." "GET IN GET IN GET IN!!!" LOAD THE CRATES!!!" Meowscles entered the pod, and icefang pressed a blue button that initiated a countdown. Then he entered. "3...2...1. Ignition." The pod doors closed, and it took off. "Whew, glad we made it out of there." sighed meowscles. "I'll look at the cameras." "28...27...26..." Multiple alarms were blaring back in the ship, which would soon explode. "7...6..." Then Icefang heard the power lasers in the core chamber power up. However, he didn't hear the containment field being pressurized. "So this is how it ends." "3...2...1..."

Then there was a huge explosion half the size of a supernova.

On the cameras, the screen said "ERR_510 - CAMERA LIKELY DESTROYED". The duo's pod kept flying through the open space, as the huge supernova-like ball of debris faded.