Chapter 1

I was sprinting to the forest in my favorite black tee, ripped jeans, and white sneakers that almost looked brown because of the dirt I run around in. "HEY, GET BACK HERE LITTLE BOY!" I could hear them, but I couldn't turn back. I had made it this far, there was no way. I ran through the oak trees and Spanish moss as the overgrown grass was demolished by my footsteps. When I got home, to the bunker, I realized that I had lost them along the way. I took a sigh of relief than put my backpack down. I took a look at all the food I had stolen from the market place. 3 apples, 2 bananas, somewhere around 30ish berries, and cloth for Leanne to make into the blankets and clothing she loves to create. I closed my bag and climb up the ladder into the treehouse bunker. "Oh my goodness Ariston, where have you been?! We were worried sick!!" I hear Adara call out. "Relax Adara, I am fine. I just went to get some food." "Please tell us next time..." Adara said in a somewhat sad tone. Adara was a beautiful girl. Her eyes were a brown that almost looked black if not in sunlight, her skin was like caramel, and she had the warmest freckles. Her hair was usually slick and down, but at the same time curly. She was around 13 when she formed "the leapers," which is now my family. Adara is now the official "leader" of the leaders. Every leaper here was exciled, a runaway, a vigilante, or sent out of their city, most likely out of shame. She cared for every person there like they were her blood related siblings, and would protect them with her life. After I calmed Adara down, I headed to Leanne's room, which was 2 trees away from mine. Our rooms are connected by trees, we would get to each other's rooms along with the main rooms by bridges. I knocked politely on Leanne's door until I heard a somewhat quiet voice say, "come in!!" I come in to see Leanne at her desk working on what looks like a new dress, taking her time, threading it by hand. "Watcha making?" I ask her. She replies with "I am making a dress for Fotoula, since she ripped hers while playing by the lake." Leanne was one of the most hard working people you could ever meet. She was in her room most of the time, either reading or sewing. Her eyes were a crystal blue and she had straight, blonde hair. She would usually be wearing something similar to a tee shirt with some pants, but she would occasionally wear dresses she made for herself. "Well I got you some new fabrics from the village near here." I say as I hand her 2 rolls of fabric. She giggles, "You mean stole?" "Yeah yeah, same thing!" Despite Leanne being 14, her intuition was amazing. "Well, thank you." "I am going to go make sure that Fotoula, Galon, Aurelia, Ajax, and Alyosha are all behaving." I state. "They are all going swimming, so I believe." Leanne helpfully informs me. I give her my thanks and leave to go down to the lake, about 5 blocks from the house. I see the 5 little ones playing. Fotoula was 5, Galon was 7, Aurelia is 6, and Ajax and Alyosha are both 9, they are both twins as well.  I am close to all of them, but mainly Alyosha. He always helps everyone and puts others before himself, but always seems to get hurt. I'm just glad he didn't this time. "How many siblings can one 16 year old boy have?!" You're thinking that right now, aren't you? Even though these people aren't blood related I still consider them all my siblings. Once you turn 18, you are still a sibling, but aren't considered a leader anymore. You are sent off to a village to start fresh. There are 19 leapedrs right now, including me, which means I have 18 siblings. Crazy, right? "You guys having fun?" I ask the littles. They all respond with some form of yes excitedly. I take off my shoes and shirt throwing them to the side, leaving me in just my jeans. "CANNONBALLLLL!" I yell before jumping in with them. We all had our fair share of giggles. "Dinner everyone!!" I hear Adara shout from the house, as she rings the bell.
                            TO BE CONTINUED
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello thereeeee!
I hope you enjoyed this! I have never written anything like this before, and I am really proud of this. Hope you like it! I will try to make new parts as soon as I possibly can, but I do unfortunately have a life outside of wattpad, so I can't promise a consistent schedule. Either way, I hope you have a good morning/day/evening/night wherever in the world you are! Don't forget to get some food and drink some water. You are doing great, keep it up!