Prologue

In this story you are a daughter of Hermes (sorry if you aren't). This is my first fanfic so bear with me lol. Hope you enjoy.

Y/N POV
It all started on my 15th birthday, I started getting antsy, paranoid, and seeing strange looking shadows follow me when I was alone.
I was walking home one afternoon after school on my birthday and I saw a strangely shaped shadow that was vaguely humanoid. I didn't think much of it and kept walking. I got home and greeted my mother, Candace Hemlock. "Happy Birthday Sweetie!! I know you didn't want a party this year so I prepared a girls night at the movies to watch (favorite movie)!!" I smiled and took off my face mask. "Wow thanks mom that sounds great!" My mother started to push me towards my room, "Ok now go get changed out of your school clothes and get ready into something comfortable". "Okay".
After I was dressed, you wore this btw:

(If you don't like it, you can imagine whatever you like

(If you don't like it, you can imagine whatever you like.)
I walked out of my room and me and my mom left to drive the busy streets of downtown Houston. Once we finally got to the Movie theater, we went to get snacks at the concession station. Of course because of Covid, the theater was somewhat low on people. My mother bought Starburst, well not really bought, she kinda snatched it under the cashier's nose. She's good at that stuff, she says that's why my father took a liking to her.  Oh right my father left when my mother was pregnant, my mom says that because he stole so much, he was sent to jail. She lied. I checked every jail inmate database and found nothing about my father. After a while, I let it go. If my father left such an amazing woman like my mother, than he either had a good reason, or was out of his mind. I normally like to think it was the former. Anyways, I stole some (f/s) from the station and walked away with my mom.

We walked into the dark, quiet movie theater and took our seats. The speakers started to slowly crackle with sound and get louder as the movie started to play. Soon I felt the ground shake and then I heard a loud BOOM. I was very confused because the sound didn't match with the scene playing on the screen at all. I looked at my mother. All the color drained from her face and her eyes were slowly forming tears but she seemed angry. I looked around and the few people in the theater were watching the movie like normal. My mother grabbed my hand with a lot of force and began to run. I couldn't escape her grip so I just blindly followed her despite not having a clue as to what was going on. She led me out of the building and towards the car, she yelled at me to get in fast. We got in and she started driving way above the speed limit for the freeway. "Mom! What the hell is happening?!!", "Y/N we don't have much time! I'm sorry for not telling you sooner but your father isn't who you think he is."
I couldn't help but think 'yeah well I don't know who my father is period.' "Your father wasn't some conman or skilled thief. You got an A in Greek Mythology right hun? Well Listen very carefully..."
I stared at her and nodded slowly. 'I trust my mother but what the hell does Greek Mythology have to do with my dad?' "You know your book series you love? Percy Jackson. Those people are all real and everything in that story really happened. Those hurricanes and storms up north a few years ago, that really was the battle of Manhattan. The Greek gods are real Y/N, and your father..." I could tell this was hard for her to say but I just sat there dumbfounded, not because of what she was saying, but the fact that I believed every word. "Your father is Hermes! God of thieves, Travelers, Trickery, and the messenger of the gods!" I sat there thinking 'It all makes sense now, everything makes so much sense' slowly the puzzle pieces were coming together in my head. Those shadows I saw on the roads, were my father looking out for me. The gods weren't supposed to interfere really with there children but if we're in the time after the battle with Manhattan, then that means that Percy and Zeus made the deal. The gods were to pay more attention to their kids. "OH MY GODS" 'I've always wanted to say that' "ITS ALL REAL! It's all....real..." I realized what was happening' "MOM WHAT THE HADES IS CHASING US?!!" My mother's face scrunched up, "A Minotaur, honey." "WHAT?!" 'OMG WHAT DO I DO WITH A DAM MINOTAUR?!' (Saw that readers? If you know, you know) "Okay mom, let's see do we have anything that can be used as a weapon?" "Well honey I was going to wait until later to give you these but now seems appropriate." My mother handed me a gift box that was the shape of a converse shoe box I believe, and a small box that could fit a bit largely in my palm. I opened the latter and saw a beautiful bracelet with a Caduceus charm.

I put it on and looked at my mother, "Mom I love it I really do but, I DONT THINK NOW IS THE TIME FOR GIFTS!!" I said with a panicked expression

I put it on and looked at my mother, "Mom I love it I really do but, I DONT THINK NOW IS THE TIME FOR GIFTS!!" I said with a panicked expression. She looked at me and it clicked. "Wait mother, what is this really?" My mother smirked, "My daughter is so smart. It's a sword hun." I looked at her and smiled. "Nice! Thanks mom!" "Oh those aren't from me sweetheart my gifts are at home. Those are from your old man on Olympus." I sat there with my jaw hanging open. "Oh Y/N close that mouth or your going to swallow a fly!" We felt the ground shake again with a loud BOOM! I looked behind us and saw the Minotaur gaining on us. I panicked and opened the second box. As I suspected, they were winged shoes just like the ones Luke gave to Percy in The Lightning Thief. Those were cursed so I was a bit hesitant to put these on. My mom rolled her eyes and nodded. "Honey your dad told me to tell you, 'don't worry Y/N they aren't cursed' that's what you were thinking wasn't it?" I nodded. 'witch' (If you understood that reference, I love you) I slipped the shoes on. They were Black hightop converse with little white wings in the back that looked like a bird's. My mother assured me that I had the skills to outwit the Minotaur without her and to jump out of the car. "WAIT A MINUTE-" My mom pushed me out of the car.

Don't worry I'm not dead....yet. I saw that I was hovering and I made a silent prayer to my old man, 'thanks dad'. I twisted the Caduceus on my bracelet and it grew into a sword with a Caduceus emblem in the middle of the cross-guard of the sword. (If you don't get what a cross-guard is, look up: sword hilt diagram or sword diagram, it should show you) I swung the sword a few times to get the feel of it and surprisingly it felt like second nature, the way the sword sliced through the air and made a 'swish' sound. It felt right. I flew over to the Minotaur and taunted it a bit "NAH NAH NA BOO BOO YOUR TOO DUMB TO CATCH ME!"  I said and a sing-song way. (The Second hand embarrassment that the reader is giving me is killing me, sorry guys.)
It saw me and roared so loud, I could barely hear the cars on the freeway anymore. If I said that I wasn't scared, I would be lying. I was terrified. I quickly pulled it together and slashed at it's face. It roared again and tried to grab my leg to stop me from flying, I dodged it and sliced at It's arm. He swatted me out of the sky like a bug and I fell onto the pavement of the freeway. I started seeing double but it faded and I wiped my forehead and saw that I was bleeding heavily. I shook it off and went airborne once again. I stabbed it again in rib cage and flew around extremely fast in circles around it's head. I grabbed a large blanket I saw on the freeway that must have fallen out of someone's car. I went back to flying in circles around the Minotaur's head and it started getting dizzy from trying to follow me with it's gaze and I took the chance to blindfold it with the blanket and stab him three times in the heart and twice in the head with as much force as I could muster. He fell to the floor and began to dissolve into golden-brown dust. A yellow-ish hue started to form above me and I saw a yellow Caduceus hovering in place above my head. I smirked and collapsed from the shock and exhaustion that had been building up since the movie theater. I vaguely saw my mother carrying me back to the car, "You were amazing sweetie, your father is proud." But at that moment, I was just happy that she was.

My name is Y/N Hemlock and this is the story of a demigod like myself in the 2020's.