𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜. 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕠.𝟙

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕠.𝟙

   ˜"*°•.˜"*°• Amery POV •°*"˜.•°*"˜

I am Amery, and its currently 1st of May 2024.

My first year living by myself. I just recently moved out of my parents' house. And I'm walking to school, I'm lucky I could find a place to rent for so cheap, especially a walking distance from school.

You see at school I'm not particularly popular, I'm not a loner though, I have a small friend group, just 3 of us. Hazel, my idiot best friend, and Shae, the genius of the group, also a major perfectionist, which is lucky cause she is absolutely perfect.

Dam, why am I still alive? The first thought of grade 11. That's gotta be bad luck. I honestly thought I would not make it this far, considering how unobservant I am.

It was the 1st of May and I was all alone in the populated cafeteria halls. I walk towards my timetabled classroom for homeroom. Ready to collect my lock, unfortunately all three of us are not together but at least I'm with sha-.

"HEYYYYY!" I hear,

interrupting my thoughts. I turn around to see Hazel tumbling towards me. I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the way. Unfortunately she was going straight for the wall. She then promptly tried to catch herself after she tripped, but it was too late.

Before she reached the solid concrete floor, she grabbed my sleeve, pulling me down with her. I landed on the floor with a thud.

"Ummm- are you okay?" a sarcastic voice calls behind me.

I look up to see a tall figure towering over me. The shadow smirks at me maliciously.

"now what is this, did you already fall for me, Amery?"

I tilt my head up slightly to see Mason, the annoying kid who has somehow always been in my class. Literally.
Since grade one, does the world hate me this much??
I grunt at him as I stand up, but since I wasn't looking where I was going, I tripped again.

Right towards Mason.

I was about to fall into his arms. I started to regret all my life decisions that came up to this point.

Mid-fall I looked up. I WAS about to fall right into his arms- but that idiot stepped aside.

What a gentleman,

I slammed into the floor face first. Ouch. I felt something trickle down my face as I stood up. I could feel my nose bleeding as I stared at him. How could he? This is all his fault. Oh well. I thought monotonously,

I started to walk away when he grabbed my arm.

"damn, if I send another student to class covered in blood l'll get in trouble." I heard him mutter.

Wait did he just say 'another'? I deadpanned

"Hey, let me take you to the nurse, I don't wanna get detention."

Ugh. First day, And I'm already being dragged around by the class idiot that won't leave me alone.

I comply, realising he won't leave unless I say yes, and we start to head to the nurse.

We walk in awkward silence to the school nurse, Doctor Judy, why did he even come with me? I could've gone alone. I thought.

Oh well maybe I should just tell him to go away, yea ill just tell him I don't like being near him, that's considerate enough right?

"I don't actua-"

"oh, we are here" he interrupts me.

For the second time today. I feel a vein pop in my forehead. But my anger soon subsides as I hear a calming voice behind me

"is everything ok here?" I hear Dr. Judy say.

I look up to see the kind-hearted nurse that works at our school.

"Oh, yea mason just-"

I feel a hand cover my mouth rapidly as my eyes widen in surprise.

"she just tripped" I hear him reply for me.  

Swiftly I feel him remove his hand as we follow the doctor into the office. I see him trying to wipe off some blood from his hand, leaving his school blouse dyed crimson red, that's what he gets for covering my mouth.

I soon feel a cold, wet cloth cover my nose as Judy wipes the blood off. I look down at the cloth, surprised. Damn I didn't realise there was so much blood, at least it doesn't hurt that much.

"now you kids head off to class, I'll give you a late slip",

huh I didn't realise class had already started. Oh, shoot my lock-, I suddenly remember what I had been doing.

"we gotta go to class" I turn towards mason, "we are quite late" I say. "Nah, we got a late slip might as well stay longer" he retorts. I shoot him a quick glare for being so reckless and rolled my eyes.

What an idiot, does he not realise we have to collet our equipment? Well, I suppose not, he is an idiot after all.

"come on lets go back to class, if we skip class any longer we might miss some important information." Mason soon agreed mumbling about how I'm a 'nerd' and 'so stuck up'.