23. Toxic

(Narration)

Something's wrong.

It's been 20 days since Tine went to Paris, but Sarawat and Tine have barely talked to each other unlike the other times when they're not together, they make sure to call the latter at least once a day.

Sarawat called Tine twice everyday, as soon as he wakes up and before he goes to bed but Tine almost never picked up his call apart from a couple of times, which was strange because he usually always lifts Sarawat's calls.

Sarawat kept telling himself that Tine was acting this way because he was busy but deep down he had this feeling that something was wrong but he pushed the thought further aside because Tine was coming back tomorrow, they'd talk and everything would be fine. Or at least that's Sarawat thought and hoped.

___

The door bell rang and a very enthusiastic Sarawat headed to open the door as he already knew who was on the other side.

I'm finally getting to see my P'Tine.

But much to Sarawat's disappointment, he didn't get to meet the face of his boyfriend once he opened the door.

"P'Gun"

"Hi Wat, how are you?"

"Wh-where's P'Tine?" Wat asked, ignoring Gun's question

"He... went to the mansion. He asked me to inform you that he'll come home tomorrow" Gun informed hesitantly.

"He could've just called me and tell that himself" he muttered, confused and concerned.

"There's...something wrong with his phone. You..don't worry"

Sarawat just hummed in response.

Gun left saying that he had to go back to the mansion.

"Looks like we have the house to ourselves for an another day" Sarawat spoke sadly to the cat rubbing her head onto his leg.

Sarawat couldn't get himself to sleep at night. He was anxious.

The bed suddenly felt too big. It was empty and cold and he wasn't enjoying the feeling, a single bit. He once promised himself that he wouldn't jump into any conclusions without talking first so he just decided to shut his brain off before he even starts thinking something insane.

He took his guitar and held it flat against his body and played a soft tune, strumming the strings, letting the involuntary tears flow down his cheeks as soon as he closed his eyes.

He didn't know when he fell asleep but he somehow eventually did.

Sarawat groaned in his sleep when he heard little noises coming from other side of the room but soon jolted awake when he realised he was supposedly alone when he went to sleep.

He opened his eyes to a figure facing backwards to him beside the cupboard near his bed but he didn't have to see the latter's face to know who it was.

"P'Tine" Sarawat called out rubbing his eyes, his voice still hoarse from just waking up.

"You're awake" Tine said and sat beside Sarawat.

Sarawat hummed in response before getting up and hugging his boyfriend

"I missed you so much" Sarawat spoke in a muffled tone, as he hid his face in Tine's neck, inhaling his favourite scent.

Tine didn't respond back but just rubbed Sarawat's back soothingly.

Sarawat closed his eyes shut, to stop the tears glistening his eyes from falling. He was just a bit overwhelmed for being able to hug his Tine after almost not talking or seeing him for three weeks.