Already Gone

Brielle's POV

"Hey," I say as I pull out the chair at the table. "Oh hey, I got you the new cold brew coffee. Vanilla, the way you like it." "Thanks, Elliot. Did you bring the papers?" "Ya I did, do you want to sign them now. I thought we could talk like how we use to." He questions slightly trying to keep us at ease. "I don't know Elli can we do that?" "Come on Bri, we can still be friends after today." I scoff at him and shake my head not believing that this is happening right now.

"We were always meant to say goodbye. Weren't we?" I whisper scared that if I speak any louder I would burst into tears. "This marriage was never going to work out, was it," I question him again. Louder this time letting the emotions surface. I continue my questioning not letting him speak. "Do you remember all the things we wanted? The memories we made?" I consider, hoping there is something left for him to give to me. He doesn't say anything as he looks down at the table playing with the coffee in his hand.

Flashback-

"Oh no" "How did you manage. We just got outside." I stand still as I laugh at myself and the mess. "Come on let's clean you up. I can't take you anywhere." "Oh, you know you love me." I tease him. "I do, and thats why I'm marrying you." He says as a comeback. "Man I wanted this iced coffee. Too bad there is no vanilla in it." I tell him as he cleans my shirt. Once he is finished cleaning my shirt he leans up and kisses me. "Don't worry there will be more coffee dates. Especially, with our future children." "Promise?" "Promise."

End Of Flashback.

"Those memories are haunted now. You know I didn't come here to be hurt." "I know" he mutters. "You know that I love you. I love you enough to let you go." He informs me trying to grab my hand. "Whatever Eli let's just sign the papers and get this over with." "Wherever this road takes us. I want you to move on." "I guess I should. Seeing as though you are already gone." I sneer as the anger and sadness starting flying around where the butterflies once lived. I pick up the pen and sign my name on the angry dotted line.

"What could I have done differently." I quickly ask him as he gets up to leave. "Nothing, you couldn't have loved me better. We were perfect." "But perfect couldn't keep this alive?" He looks down at the ground before he turns away. Before he leaves he tells me one last thing. "Just know that this won't always hurt this much. You will get through this and your life will be good again.

I sit there watching the door where my past lover had just walked out. I get up, grab my stuff, and head for the door. On the way outside, I accidentally bump into someone. "Be careful ms." I knew at that moment that this won't be the only time I bump into him. The butterflies start to rush around again. I forgot how it used to feel. I stare into his eyes forgetting what happened moments ago. "Would you like to have a coffee with me..?" He waits for me to tell him my name. "Brielle and I would love to have a coffee." "Perfect how about their new cold brew coffee. I heard it's amazing."