happier <tenko x reader>

YOU had been friends with Tenko ever since you were born. You two did every thing together, and that was how you liked it.

But then, Tenko got accepted into Hopes Peak. You were so proud and happy. If only you knew what was to come.

TEXT
beloved tenko
May 7, 2020

(y / n )
hey tenko! can we hang out sometime?

beloved tenko
ofc! time and place?

July 3, 2020

( y /n)
hey, we haven't talked in a while. want to do a short picnic date?

tenko
sure, time?

Sectember 8, 2020

y/n
hey uh i hope schools been okay. being an ultimate and all must be stressful to you. want to go get boba with me as a break?

tenko
i have aikido practice sorry

December 29, 2020

y/n
cat cafe?

===

You missed Tenko. It has been so long since you even texted eachother. She hasnt responded to any of your messages, not even if you expressed you were concerned.

You know what? You were sick of this. You were going to confront her once and for all. Your going to tell her off like the badass you are.

You plug your headphones in. One of your favorite songs comes on. Happier, by Olivia Rodrigo, an American star.

You go to the bus stop. You were going to get her. And then maybe take her out for ice cream.

You recognized someone in the crowd. It clicked, it was Tenko. You recognized the hop to her step, to the green bow in her hair. She was beautiful.

She was there with two other girls. And she looked so happy with them. She was smiling and laughing. It looked like a genuine smile you never saw. Her laughter sounds like bubbles and cotton.

And you barely got to hear it when you were around. Was she really happier with them? Is that why she didn't respond to you anymore? She didn't like you anymore. Did she get sick of you?

why why why why why.

You thought she would be sad without you. But she looks happy. She looks happier than she was with you. Tenko didn't like you anymore. It would be a miracle if she even looked your way.

But she didn't. She continued talking to her friends. With that perfect smile on her face. With that angelic laughter.

You hope she's happy, but not happier.