Hunters

The sky was dark, the few stars lighting up the night gazing upon the earth. Millions and millions of miles below the brilliantly shining gas forms, two young men sit near each other, the tension of many forms drifting between them.

A young blond, beautiful, talented, and the last member of an extinct clan recognized for their red eyes. and a stoic raven, handsome, ruthless, and the leader of a small gang widely known for their immense strength.

The air breezed past, pushing their hair somewhat to the left. A bright red earring could be seen hanging from the blond's ear, and a teal earring from the raven's.

"I still hate you." Kurapika declared, leaning on Kuroro's shoulder comfortably.

"I know," Kuroro said, brushing his hands through the golden hair of his partner.

The atmosphere was silent as the pair stargazed, resting on a ledge from the top of a building. The lights shone blindingly below them, cars driving by people wandering. Kurapika's hand intertwined with Kuroro's.

"Maybe in another timeline, everything could've been different." breathed Kuroro. "Things could have happened differently." He wrapped his free arm around the Kuruta's waist.

Kurapika leaned into the touch, relenting into the warmth. He remained quiet for a moment, seemingly contemplating something.

"This could've been a sweet moment." he moved closer to Kuroro.

As they remained in their position, both knew what was going to happen next. Kurapika turned to look at Kuroro, his partner doing the same. For a minute. they just stared into each other's eyes, locking their combined decision in place. The smokey grey eyes of Kuroro, the burning red eyes of Kurapika, boring into each other as if everything would just magically change before them.

They leaned in together, slowly, breaths deepening, until their lips connected, passion, yearning, grief, and regret, all in one contact.

Together, they relished in the lock, together, they pulled away, and together, they jumped.

~