Left For Dead

Left for Dead, my family abandon me when I needed them most. The zombies surrounded the building I was in, I called for them to help me but they just turned and ran. I kept think maybe they couldn't save me but another part of me knew they were just being cowards. My name is Rez and I refuse to die in this shit hole.

I look into my bag of supplies. Only finding a small .357 revolver and some snacks. six bullets, gotta make them count. I back myself to the wall farthest away from the door and lifted my gun waiting for the zombies to break the door down. After about two minutes of hearing banging on the door I started to hear gun shots. I lower the gun and walk toward the window closest to the door. I look out to see gun shots, people completely destroying the undead creatures. once all the zombies were dead the group of five moved in toward the door. I heard a girl from outside yell toward me "come out with your hands up and you might not die today" i took a minute to think about it. i put my pistol into my pocket and slowly exited the building with my hands up. The girl wearing a military uniform was relieved. "Thanks for not attacking on site, the rest of the people we tried to save damn near killed us. anyway, were you bitten by one of those zombies?"

I was hesitant " no, i-i'm fine."

"Do you have any weapons on you?"

"y-yes." i pull my .357 Revolver out of my pocket and lowered it to the floor.

"wow, your very obedient, i love that. Come closer, let me get a closer look at you". i walk toward the girl with slight hesitation. She looks at me from feet to head and pats my shoulder. "your right, you are fine, whats your name Kid?"

"My..... My name is Rez...... Rez Walker."

"hm, not bad. you'll do just fine around here, come on lets get to base camp, by the way you can call me captain Falcon,"