Chapter 1

May 30th 1995

"Make a wish Lila!" Alex shouted from behind the camcorder, zooming in on the small purple cake. "Don't rush me alex! I only get to turn 15 once" Lila shot back, closing her eyes to try and think of the perfect wish. "Ok ok, I have one" she smiled happily, blowing out the candles in front of her. "Finally" A voice groaned from behind her "Only took you three hours!" Lila rolled her eyes, turning to look at Luke "More Like 3 minutes Mr. Impatient" The camera turned to face the two teenagers, Alex taking the chance to zoom in on Luke's pouting expression. "Alexxx! Not funny!" The video went black as Luke ran forward, covering the screen.

August 1st 1995

A small laugh passed through lilas lips as the video ended, wiping the tears that were pooling in her eyes on her sweater sleeve. "Dumbasses" she mumbled, placing the tape back in its case.

Watching that video had started to bring back memories she forgot she had

Flashback

Almost immediately after they had finished the cake, Lila had gone into the kitchen to start washing up all of the dishes. Alex had offered to help but she had learned that if you wanted something done right, you would have to do it yourself. She had gotten so focused on scrubbing the plate in front of her, she didn't notice someone was in the room until he had spoken up. "What did you wish for?" Lila jumped up, breathing a sigh of relief when she realized it was just bobby. "You know like.. On the cake?" Bobby raised an eyebrow "Well, If you know anything about birthday wishes... You would know I couldn't tell you" Lila rolled her eyes playfully. "And besides, why would I tell you of all people?" "Because we're friends!" He pouted "And I really want to know!" Lila leaned against the kitchen counter "Well then, I guess you'll just have to wait and find out."