𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Finally. Daisy Mae Lee's first day of junior year was finally over.

And what better way to celebrate than showing up to her shift at Luke's on time? Well, that was the plan anyway.

Everyone in the small town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut knew that Daisy was a bad driver — from almost driving through Doose's last year to nearly smashing Pierpont trying to parallel park — and, because of that reason, the residents of the sleepy town tended to avoid the white jeep tearing down the pavement, blasting some mix she had made at the highest possible volume with all of the windows rolled down. Her honey-blonde flew out the windows plastering itself to the door of her car as "Bitch" from lyrical genius Meredith Brooks blared through the speakers.

"I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel as– SHIT!" Daisy slammed on her breaks as a boy with dark hair, a puffy vest, and a cigarette stepped into the middle of the street. She barely avoided splattering him across the street as his hands slammed onto the hood of her car, ash decorating the area.

They stared at each other for a few seconds — green eyes boring into brown — before she quickly shoved her way out of the car, leaving the door open with the keys still in the ignition and the car in park. Her bare feet scurried across the pavement to the strange boy.

He couldn't be from around here. Everyone knew to stay clear of the road just from the sound of her music. And Stars Hollow was much too small for her not to know everyone.

She approached him quickly, hands flying to his shoulders, surveying him for injuries (god! her mother would kill her if she hit a pedestrian!) as he stood dumbfounded before her.

"Oh my god! I'm so, so sorry! Please," she backed away a step after finishing her inspection of the boy and the car, quickly stealing the cigarette from the hand still rested on her car, and takes a long drag to calm her nerves (look! she knows it's bad for her, but she's gotta have something to smother the giant fucking ball of anxiety brewing in her stomach!). She handed it back to him before blowing the smoke out while the boy looked down at her, confusion scrunched in his brow and a whisper of what the fuck passing through his lips. "Please, don't tell anyone!"

He stared a moment longer before giving her a quick nod and moving past her to wherever the hell he was going, a paperback in his back pocket. She moved quickly to the jeep, the balls of her feet carrying her over the pavement. Daisy then pulls into a parking spot near Luke's, now five minutes late for her shift — but that couldn't be her fault could it?

"You're late" was the first thing she heard as she hopped into the dinner trying to jam the other black wedge onto her left foot, holding onto the doorway for support.