Favourite Crime

Favourite Crime

"My world is too twisted and dangerous for you!"

A male voice said to her in her head as she sat on the bed, looking at something in her hands.

"But I-"

"I came to destroy your dad!"

"What?"

"Your dad is dangerous and he killed my sister in his trafficking business! I came to destroy him and in the process, I had to act to love you but Gauri....whatever is going on between us, it needs to end."

She didn't even know that her own father, her hero, her superman, owned a trafficking business and ruined the lives of thousands of girls and their families.

Gauri Tridevi, she lost her mother when she was 1 to cancer but her father, Ashwin Tridevi always made sure she was happy with life and never felt the absence of a mother. Gauri Tridevi was the daughter of famous politician/businessman Ashwin Tridevi so she always lived a rich and privileged life. People would immediately assume that she was a spoiled princess who got whatever she wanted, and was dependent on her daddy's money.

But that was not true.

Gauri learnt from a small age that money was not everything, and she shouldn't be dependent on her dad. That's why she got a part time job in fashion retailing. That's why she went to university despite her dad saying that she didn't have to. She wanted to make a life for herself, and stand on her own two feet.

She had started studying fashion marketing and in her first year of uni, she met him. Him as in the man who came and turned her entire life around.

Gauri kept the thing in her hand onto a side as she got up from the bed and walked to the hotel terrace. She couldn't go back home. Ever. Not after the massive confrontation she had with her father.

Gauri: you run a trafficking business?

She asked her father with red eyes and smudged mascara. She came to confront her father after just getting her heart broken.

Ashwin: no jaanu. Who told you this crap?

Gauri: doesn't matter who told me or where I heard it from...tell me the truth, how many girls have you killed? How many lives have you ruined? TELL ME!

Ashwin: Gauri...

He was about to say something when his trusted man came and said: sir, they escaped!

His trusted man didn't see Gauri when he said that, but when he saw Gauri's shocked face...he knew he made a mistake.

Gauri looked at her father and said with gritted teeth: how many lies have you told me?

Girl trafficking business, drug empire, illegal logging...she learnt all this in one night. Was tonight against her or something? First the man she loved broke her heart, second her dad was not the superman she thought he was and third she found out some news of her own and didn't know if she should be happy or cursing her fate.

Gauri looked at the glittering city of Mumbai for a moment or so. She wanted to soak in the glittering beauty of Mumbai before she left India tomorrow morning. She didn't want to stay in India any longer. She just wanted to leave the place and start all over again.

Gauri: why did you kill that man?

She asked him. He looked at her, shocked for a moment. He didn't know she was there already. She looked at him then looked at the man on the floor, who had stopped breathing and was covered in blood.