Chapter 24

Back to the Hogwarts Express it was. Adelecia and Regulus boarded the train once again after the long break, both slightly relived and also looking tired as hell.

"So, are you going to turn in your badge?" "No." Regulus sighed. "That's what I knew you were going to say." 

"You know me too well." "I'm your brother." Adelecia grinned. "Yep. I'm going to find Sirius. Want to come?" "N-" "-Yeah, yeah, I know. Have fun with Amita."

"Shut up." Regulus groaned, looking a little pink in the face. "Tell her I said hi!" "I don't talk to her!" 

"Yeah you two yell at each other every given moment. Do it that way. Bye!" Adelecia smirked at her (still pink) little brother and went down the other corridor in search for Sirius. 

She found him sitting with his friends inside a compartment.

And the weirdest thing was, they weren't doing anything weird. Instead, they were hunched over a piece of paper with food around them.

Adelecia poked her head inside. "Hey guys."

No answer. Sirius merely looked up at his sister and then went right back to staring at the blank sheet of paper. 

"Oookay then, this is awkward, I'm finding Lily." Adelecia backed out of the compartment, looking slightly concerned for the health of her brother and his friends. 

She then amounted it the Marauders just being themselves, and made her way to where she (assumed) Lily was. 

"Adelecia Black, don't you dare ignore me!" "Hey Marls." "hEy mArLs, how was your Christmas? Oh it was just great, thanks for asking!"

Adelecia blinked at Marlene. "I'm fine." "You don't look fine Mar." "Whatever." Adelecia shrugged. 

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

"OKAY, OKAY! I'm just...confused." "About what?" "I'll tell you someday, I'm just not ready right now." 

"Alright." Adelecia gave a slight nod. "Anyway...want to go scare Lily and Alice?" "Hell yes."

The two girl sidled up to the front of their usual compartment, not being able to stop their perpetual grins.

Marlene knocked on the door, and Lily got up to open it from the inside. "Yes?"

"LILY EVANS!" 

"FIVE POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!" 

"FOR BLUSHING AT POTTER!"

Lily sighed and dragged them into the cabin. "I never blushed at Potter."

Adelecia and Alice exchanged a look. "Then why were you ogling him in the Quidditch matc-" 

Marlene was cut off as Lily sent her a scalding glare. 

"Alright, alright, sorry. But we all know I'm rig-" "Marls, shut it." Lily retorted, a faint red blush on her face. 

The girls burst out into giggles. "Look at her face-" "-I know!"

Lily groaned. "You're all insufferable." "You love us." "Highly questionable."

***

Regulus shook his head after leaving his sister. She really could be an idiot sometimes. 

Turning in her Quidditch badge would be the best thing for Adelecia, but, clearly, she wasn't about to do that and Regulus wasn't going to force her.  

He was so immersed in thought that he didn't notice when he accidentally toppled into a certain black-haired Slytherin girl. 

"Watch it, Black." Amita Agarwal snapped as her food fell to the floor of the train corridor. 

"You watch it Agarwal." "You're the one who walked into me. At least admit when you're wrong." 

"Whatever." Regulus walked past her, fuming. 

Amita could be infuriating sometimes. And it drove him crazy. But he also admired her, in a way. A lot of girls would fawn over Regulus, and it annoyed him to no end, but Amita? She hated him. 

And for some odd reason, he liked it. 

***

⚠️ NEW CHARACTER ALERT ⚠️

Shraddha Kapoor  as Amita Agarwal

Age: 16

Age: 16

House: Slytherin

Year: 5th

Ethnicity: Indian

***

Hey my dudess

One thing you should know about me is that I LIVE for enemies to lovers romances- so this was a win-win situation hehe

Sorry for taking so long to post (like what, 2 months-) I've been caught up with everything and I'm FINALLY on summer break ^^

Why is it that every time I'm on an A/N I'm apologizing for posting late- something is wrong with me lol

Anywayyy I started The Crooked Kingdom the other day and everyone's telling me it's emotionally painful so I'll be ready for that ig-

Anyway- lol we just went through a hurricane here- 

Let's have a moment of silence for the tree who lost his life outside my window

His name was Karl

Rip Karl the Tree <3

Yall my two braincells are going insane

ANYWAY-

Love you my dudes, 

~ Foody