1

"Fuck." langa mumbled, tripping on his left foot and toppling off his skate bored landing flat on his ass with a loud grunt.

"What happened man? You've been falling a lot today." Reki questioned, skating down one side of the half pipe over to langa who was now standing up and rubbing at the place on his butt were he had landed.

That's gonna leave a bruise.

Reki quickly hopped off his skateboard and offered langa his hand who was hesitant to take it at first but then gave in.

"Nothing. My hair's just been getting in my face a lot whenever I skate and it's hard to see." Langa replied while dusting his hands off on the side of his jeans.

"Oh...well, you could wear one of my headbands if you want?"

"Um..I don't really think my hair can stick up like yours can?.." langa said while pulling his bored back to him with his foot and sitting on it gently, making sure not to irritate his now bruised butt.

"Right..." Reki nodded while doing the same with his bored, tapping his foot on the ground slowly trying to come up with an idea to keep the hair out of his friends face.

Langa couldn't help but stare at the other boy.

They had come to the park right after school let out and managed to end up skating for hours without even noticing, that tend to happen when Reki and langa were together, they would loose track of time and end up staying out far later then intended.

It had now been around 6 pm and the sun was beginning to set, making a beautiful purple and orange hue spread over the full park.

Rekis hair was a bit damp from how sweaty he was and some pieces stuck to the side of his face. The curve of his nose and his soft jawline even more defined in this setting sun. The freckles splattered across his nose and cheeks were much darker considering the fact that it was getting to be close to summer. His skin was getting tanner too, causing all of the little white scars and marks on his face and neck to stand out. Oh how langa would love to thumb and kiss at those scars lovingly while telling reki just how much he- okay these were defiantly not normal thoughts to have about your best friend.

"Langa? Did you space out again? Dude you have to stop doing that. You're gonna miss some important information one day" Reki whined, cutting off langas embarrassing thoughts making his cheeks turn bright red.

"Oh uh..sorry what were you saying?"

"I was saying how...um- if you wanted to I mean..I could braid your hair?" Reki said, his cheeks also turning red while he plastered a soft smile on his face, the gap in the middle of his two front teeth becoming noticeable. Reki continued:

"I mean my sisters always asked me to braid there hair when my mom wasn't home but I didn't know how so I looked up a bunch of videos and learned how to. I'm pretty skilled at it if I do say so myself." Reki smiled once again. That cute, wholesome smile he always did that made langas heart beat fast against his breast bone. Too fast for normal.

"Okay" was all langa could get out, because oh god, Reki wanted to braid his hair. He would be able to feel rekis rough, bandage covered hands against his scalp and the feeling of his thumbs accidentally dragging across his jawline.

"Okay...okay great" Reki said while moving his skateboard behind langa and sitting back down. Each of his knees were pressed to ether side of Langas waist and the blue haired boys heart speed up once again.

"Alright so what type of braid do you want" Reki asked while beginning to gently run his fingers through langas hair.

It felt so good. Langa wanted nothing more then to stay there forever, the feeling of rekis callused fingers brushing through his hair while he hummed slightly, waiting for langas response.

What braid did langa want? He didn't know any of the different types of braids except French and the only reason he knew that was because his mother would occasionally braid his hair when he was younger. His dad tried once but it ended up with langas hair in a huge knot that took merrily 2 days to untangle. His mom was pissed to say the least.

"Surprise me" Langa replied, closing his eyes and smiling slightly because rekis hands were still playing with his hair even after langa had given him his response.

This had gone on for a couple more minutes, Reki just mindlessly toying with his hair while Langa didn't dare to stop him because it felt so good.

If he was being honest with himself he wasn't too sure when he started...feeling these things about Reki. It could have been ever since he first ran into him after Reki had asked langa to stop his skateboard, though he was pretty set on the idea that it was the  day when after school Reki and langa were sitting on the half pipe sharing a Coke and watching the sun set. Rekis hand occasionally would brush against langas and the blue haired boy thought nothing of this until rekis pinkie interlocked with langas and his heart beat rapidly, the feeling so strong that it made his chest hurt. After that day the feeling only got stronger.

Eventually, Reki begin gently pulling at different pieces of langas hair and over lapping them into a braid.

"you have really soft hair langa. has anyone ever told you that?" reki said while slowly braiding a small french braid at the back of his head.

Langa liked when reki said his name. It always came off much more endearing then he obviously intended to but it still made the blue haired boys breath hitch every time.

———

HI SORRY IF THERE ARE SPELLING MISTAKES