𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗗𝗨𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 : 𝖤𝖬𝖮𝖳𝖨𝖮𝖭𝖲

INTRODUCTION : EMOTIONS

M-Mommy...?

He awoke that night. And knowing that he would be unable to sleep again even if he tried his hardest to shut his eyes and drift away to dreamland, he still tried regardless.

And that's exactly what made him as foolish. Even with the knowledge he had, it was as if he tried to fight against the truth and defy all odds because he knew that he was unable to face it. Just like how he was unable to face everything and anything else in his life.

Sighing, he sat up from his bed, finally taking in the fact that he shouldn't go against his own word and knowledge as he knew it would be impossible to blatantly ignore it.

The first thing he noticed when he sat up was the cold, wispy air that flowed freely in his bedroom. It was rather unusual for the air to be this way but something about it just made it seem like he was living up in the clouds.

Just the soft and comforting breeze was enough to calm him down from almost anything. Almost, that was. As he knew that he would be unable to cope with what had happened on the night before he started having little nightmares and such.

Yes, baby?

Perhaps he really was living up in the clouds. Everything at the moment was practically yearning for him to confirm said suspicions. The air was unusually thin, his surroundings seemed to be so dream-like and unrealistic that it could almost be deemed as a dream.

But deep down inside, he knew that this was reality. He knew that this was what his life had become by now. Why? Because he made it that way.

Out of pure guilt and fear, he tried his best to surround himself with only the things that would make him calm, safe, and child-like again. As if it were his only way of coping with things that had happened way before.

As if he still couldn't let go.

He knew. He knew he couldn't let go. And yet, even still, he still continues to deny what was clearly the truth. Again, why? Because he was simply scared. Simply afraid.

But what was there to be afraid of? Absolutely nothing. Well, at least, it seemed like nothing. To the people who claimed that they knew every part of Minho when they clearly hadn't.

W-will you ever leave m-me?

His feelings were pushed away and deemed as invalid simply because he was a child at that time. Just because they saw him as one who was too young to understand what had happened at that time.

The lack of knowledge and communication during the investigation that night painted the professionals as toddlers who'd argue about absolutely nothing. That's just how ignorant and horrible it was for little Minho to witness.

Fights. There were always fights marked on each year of Minho's timeline. There was no way around it and he quite frankly just had to accept it as the norm.

And so during the same, dreadful life, he'd witness the sixth fight he ever had in his life. The only difference with this one was that it wasn't just miscommunication, nonsense, nor pointless, irrational drama.

But instead, it was a mix of all of the above.

Never, baby... I love you too much to ever do that to you.

He was scared. So scared. He'd curl up into a ball even though he sat just on the edge of the sidewalk whilst witnessing the fights and sometimes even physical assaults.

It was horrible. Just like how he used to feel. But seeing as now he was surrounded by everything he had always wanted in life to comfort him, absolutely nothing could go possibly wrong, right?

Of course. Nothing would. His mother would forever guide him through the pains of life even though she, herself had endured such pain, right?

She'll be watching his every move from up above, right? She'll... she'll still be in the same place that he remembered she'd be at, right?

And... he won't... end up like her... right?