Coffee Stains

I was frantically running...
I was meeting up with my best friend, Mianna, in 15 minutes and here I am rushing to Tim Horton's to get our daily dose of coffee.

As I enter the restaurant, I was immediately greeted by the aromatic scent of coffee and baked goods.

Tim's was a bit crowded, but I was glad to be fifth in line. Mianna and I wanted to try the new Tim Horton's Vanilla Cream Cold Brew. We've heard lots of great reviews about its velvety texture and bittersweet taste! And we've been looking forward to trying it ever since we planned our coffee date.

While standing in line, I observed the interior of the store, when I stopped and saw a man seated on a chair in the corner. He was dressed in a sleek, black suit and was sipping a Cold Brew while talking on the phone. Suddenly we both made eye contact. He smiled and I quickly looked away blushing.

Finally, a crew member took my order and I stood aside to wait. After five minutes, I received my beverages. I picked up the drinks and swiftly turned around, crashing into something, or rather someone like in a cliché Rom-Com movie. The drinks toppled down, causing it to seep and stain on the person's white button-up shirt and crashing on the floor.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I apologized to the person, who happened to be the man I was gawking at.

"Don't worry about it! It's all good," the man replied with a voice smooth as coffee.

"No, it's not okay! I'll pay for your dry cleaning," I hurriedly said while simultaneously giving him a tissue and picking up the cups

He chuckled, "It was also my fault, Miss. Why don't I buy you your drinks?"

"No, that won't be necessary!" I said as I shake my head.

"Miss, I insist."

I look at him and smile, "Only if you let me pay for your shirt's cleaning."

"Alright, alright. I'll let you do that," he smiled showing his pearly whites.

He ordered another set of drinks. I brought out my phone from my purse and turning to him I jokingly asked, "What's your name, kind sir?"

"Dylan Vanderbilt," he replied while handing me his business card.

"Mariya Salvador," I said as I extend my hand.

He firmly shook my hand, "Nice to meet you, Mariya. Thank you for the coffee stains," he winked.

We both laughed.

"Here is your order!"

We both turn to a smiling Tim's crew member holding a tray of Vanilla Cream Cold Brew. Dylan takes it from the employee and said a thank you.

"Here you go," he cheerfully said as he handed it to me.

I gratefully receive it, "Thank you very, very much!"

"I'll hopefully see you soon, Mariya! Try not to make any more coffee stains," Dylan beamed.

I chuckled, "Thank you again, Dylan! Take care!"

I headed to the exit and waved back at him.