Chapter 2-Like A First Date

"I don't know if I can."

Paige's face dropped.

"Why!" Was all she managed, but tears begin to roll down her face.

"Paige my love for you has never been as strong as it is now and Ralph and now Megan fill my heart with so much love and pride it feels as if it is almost at bursting point. But the last ten months have been so hard for me, I have got through each day by concentrating on my work for Richard. If I let you and my two children back into my life, every minute of every day I will be wondering if I am going to make another stupid, if in my mind innocent mistake and you will just walk out on me again, but this time with Megan as well. There is no way I can go through another day let alone months of what I have been experiencing since you walked out on me." All the time he was speaking his eyes were moving between Paige and Megan.

"Walter I have regretted anything more than that night I left you standing there in the garage, the look on your face as haunted me ever since. I cannot close my eyes at night without seeing you. I do not deserve your forgiveness for the way I treated you that night. In fact I do not want you to forgive me for that, I would want you to remind me everytime I seem to be getting to pushy. I should never have tried to change you, I fell in love with Walter O'Brien I met at Nemo's Diner, so why should I want to change you. I went over the top thinking you needed to change to fit into the world we live in, but I was wrong you should be you and I should be me, it was what attracted us to one another in the first place. Please Walter can we not talk some more. I do not expect to sort out all our problems out in one afternoon. All I can tell you from the bottom of my heart, I am as much in love with you now as I was when I first told you at Happy and Toby's wedding. Look, it will soon be time for me to feed Megan, please come back to the condo and we can talk some more, no pressure."

Walter still holding Megan, looked down at Megan and spoke to her.

"Do you think your mom is telling me the truth and she really does want to get back together." As Walter finished speaking Megan's face broke out into a wide smile. "I guess from that you agree."

He looked up from Megan and looked straight into Paige's eyes.

"It would appear that our daughter thinks I should carry on talking over the situation. Will Ralph be there?"

"No Ralph is on a sleepover with Daniel. But I am really pleased you are willing to keep on talking." A now happier Paige said.

Walter handed Megan to Paige so she could put her back in the bassinet.

"Will you follow me back to the condo?"

"That would be the best idea, are you ready?" Walter asked.

Walter carried Megan down to Paige's car and watched with interest as she secured the bassinet in the car.

"Were is your car?" Paige asked curious to see what Walter was driving now.

"It is over there." He said as he pointed to a metallic blue Range Rover Sport SVR.

"Whoa, that is certainly not the type of car I would have thought you would ever go for." A surprised Paige said.

"It is not, Richard insisted I had a better car than my old one, so he leased it for me." Walter explained.

"Did you sell your old one?"

"No it is in the garage of the house Richard gave me as part of my contract. It is all a very long story and I do not think the car park of the hotel is the best place to have it. Plus you did say it was getting close to Megan's feed, so I think we should go to your condo." Walter replied, but his voice was now much more like the one Paige carried in her mind.