Chapter 3-Beach Picnic

Once the food arrived, Paige shared the shrimp fried rice and prawn curry between two plates. She puts prawn crackers in a dish on the kitchen island together with a plate of mixed appetizers of sesame prawns on toast, won tun and a portion of dry spare ribs, she also puts out dishes of mixed dipping sauces, Peking, bbg, and sweet and sour.

They both sat down at the kitchen island and begin eating their meal. Very little conversation took place during the meal, it seemed they were both enjoying a meal for the first time in a long time.

Once the meal was finished and cleared away, Paige made a fresh pot of coffee, once she had poured them both a cup, they made their way back to the seating area. This time both sat on the sofa, but on each end of the sofa. Neither were prepared to make a mistake and spoil what had become a very good evening. Walter was the first to speak.

"In the spirit of openess and honesty, I need to tell you. In my job I work with a lot of attractive ladies, none of them come near to you in comparison. However I can say in all honesty I have not asked any of them to come to any lectures with me. I have at times had lunch with some of them in the companies restaurant, mainly because there was no were else to sit. In the future I will also stick to my original mantra, I only will tell the truth, no more white lies, even if it means I offend you should it be about your cooking. But let me say now I think you are a brilliant cook."

Paige was looking at him with a smile on her face, but at the same time a tear was rolling down her cheek. "Walter I know you will be working with attractive women, don't forget I did work there. I realized almost as soon as I walked out on you that you would never have cheated on me. At first my pride would not let me forgive you plus Toby's remarks. By the time I realized I needed you in my life, I could not find you. I will accept your criticism so you do not have to tell a white lie in your life again."

At 9:00pm. Walter said he needed to go as he had work to do before he went to work the next day.