1.5

A plane lands in Rio before the cargo hold opens up to reveal DSS Agent Luke Hobbs and his sister, DSS Agent Madison Hobbs

"All right, listen up!" Luke orders as he walks out of the plane. "The men we're after are professional runners. They like speed and are guaranteed to go down the hardest possible way so make sure you got your funderwear on. We find them, we take them as a team, and we bring them back. And above all else, we don't ever, ever let them get into cars. Crime scene is 10 hours old and counting, men. Let's go hunting."
"Agente Hobbs! Chief of Police, João Alemeida," João introduces himself as he walks over to Luke.
"Luke," Luke corrects him with a nod.
"Sorry to hear about the loss of your men," João says as he follows Luke and Madison, who is flipping through some files. "Is all this really necessary to apprehend two men?"
"Let me tell you something about these two men," Madison says as she closes the file. "One is a former federal officer, been in deep cover for five years. He knows every way you're going to come for him. The other one is a professional criminal, escaped prison twice, he has spent half his life on the run avoiding folks like you."
"Well, if there's anything we can do to help the DSS..." João starts but is interrupted.
"Two things," Luke says as he interrupts him. "One, I need a translator."
"We have plenty in the public relations department," João tells him with a nod.
"Elena Neves," Luke states, having already picked someone out before Madison hands the files to João since she agrees with her brother's choice.
"A patrol officer?" João asks him confused as he looks at the file.
"You heard me," Luke answers him with a slight nod.
"But why? We have many more experienced people," João asks him confused.
"I like her smile," Luke answers as Madison nods in agreement.
"What's the second thing?" João asks as he gives up on changing his mind.
"Stay the fuck out of our way," Madison answers as she finally turns to face João before getting into a truck.

Luke is looking through the remains of the train before pulling something out from where they had cut into the side of the train.
"Plasma cutter," Luke states as he looks at the piece of metal. "Wilkes, I want a list of every place within 50 miles that distributes compressed gas tanks. Pass me that manifest." Luke drops the piece of metal into the bag that Wilkes holds out before Wilkes passes Luke a file.
"Officer Neves. Been waiting for you," Madison says as she walks up.
"You asked for me?" Elena asks as she looks between them.
"We did," Luke answers her with a nod.
"May I ask why? My smile is not that great," Elena says with a blank face.
"Your husband was an officer who was gunned down in the favela. Six months later, you upped and joined the force. You're motivated," Madison explains before one of their team members pull up. "Plus, I figure you're the only one in Rio who can't be bought. Am I right?"
"Yes," Elena answers with a nod.
"Of course I am," Madison says with a smile.
"Good news, bad news," Hunt says as he walks over.
"You know I like my dessert first," Luke states as he looks at him.
"Back-checked the rail line like you asked. Found a couple of spots where they unloaded the cars," Hunt starts explaining. "One set of tracks headed west until it hit the main highway, then disappeared. But another set of tracks headed east. A 107-inch wheelbase, eight and a half inch tread."
"The GT40 that was missing from the manifest," Madison states with a nod.
"Followed the trail a couple of miles," Hunt says with a nod. "Pretty easy on the scrub. Can't move without leaving a sign."
"Give me the damn veggies," Madison tells him knowing the bad news is coming.
"The ground rolls into a hardpack and we lost that track, too," Hunt explains as Elena shakes her head.
"Not necessarily," Elena tells him as she glances at Luke and Madison. "That road heads up through the hills into the favelas. Couple of years ago, it was washed out by a storm. It's all dirt a mile from where you were. If they headed that way, we'll pick up their tracks there."
"You came prepared," Luke comments with a smirk.
"I'm motivated," Elena responds with a half smirk.
"All right, then. Lets find ourselves a car," Madison orders before they head out.

Elena showed them where they would find the tracks and they did. They followed the tracks into the favelas. Luke starts leading them up a set of stairs before several men appear with guns. Madison steps forward as she grabs her gun, causing the team to raise theirs. The men start to slowly back away.
"I thought so," Madison says as she glares at the men, causing Luke to shake his head. They continue their way up the steps before they stop as they hear gunfire. Madison immediately grabs her gun again, looking around knowing her brother would give the team orders.
"Wilkes, Fusco, up the middle," Luke orders as he looks at his team. "Mac, Hunt, flank north."
"What about me?" Elena asks as she stands beside Madison.
"Stay here. Both of you," Luke answers her before taking off.
"Stay here, my ass," Madison grumbles with an eye roll before taking off towards the shooting.
"Hobbs," Elena hisses but is too late because the girl disappears. Madison is checking an alley when she hears footsteps above her before seeing Dominic Toretto running across the roofs. Madison runs into a building before busting out of a window onto a roof as Dom jumps from the roof above her. Madison rolls onto the roof as Dom looks back at her in shock before he takes off running. Madison quickly gets up before running after Dom. Luke catches sight of people running on the roofs before following them. Dom is still being chased by Madison before he lands on the ground right in front of Reyes' men. Dom quickly runs around a corner as they shoot at him. Madison jumps off of the roof, slamming two of the men into a fence before punching the other man. Madison quickly stabs the first two men before breaking the lasts one's neck. As Luke runs through the alley ways, he catches sight of Dom before running after him. Dom looks behind him to see if he is still being followed by Madison before someone blocks his path.
"Policia," Elena says as she points her gun at him. "Get on the ground." Elena grabs her walkie. "I got Toretto. Four blocks north of your...." Some of Reyes' men show up and start shooting at them before Dom pulls Elena behind a wall. Luke goes to run around the corner but Madison pulls him back, before they press up against the wall to stay covered. Reyes' men go to follow Dom and Elena but are gunned down by Hobbs' team.
"You okay?" Madison asks her brother.
"Yeah...You?" Luke answers before she nods.
"Let's go," Madison says as she pats her brother's shoulder before they walk around the corner to see the dead bodies.
"Elena," Madison says relieved that she is okay. Luke looks at Madison, asking if she had it handled, to which she nodded. Luke takes off while Madison watches as Elena bends over, picking up a necklace. "You okay?"
"He saved me," Elena tells her as she is still in shock.
"As much as I hate to say it, not all criminals are bad," Madison tells her with a small smile and shrug before they go meet up with the team.

"This is a mess," Madison says as she looks around at the car that is taken apart. "That's going to be fun."
"Something doesn't add up," Elena says as she looks through a file. A small smile comes to Madison's face as she knows that Elena is talking about Dom. "Toretto and O'Conner. They stay when they are supposed to run, they steal gas then give it away? Now they're killing federal agents? It doesn't make any sense."
"Here's what makes sense," Luke says as he takes the file from her before throwing it. "All these guys are, are names on a list. They come up, we take them down. Not a phone call more, not a bullet less."
"Whether you want to believe it or not, not all criminals are bad. Some are just Robin hoods without a disguise," Madison says as she pats Luke on the shoulder, seeing as they have never seen eye to eye on the matter. Luke just slightly glares at his sister.
"Wilkes, we get anything?" Luke asks as Wilkes walks over.
"Standard forensics. Shoes prints. Hair and fiber. Prints are all over the car," Wilkes answers him before handing him some papers.
"Anything else?" Luke asks as he takes the papers.
"Yeah, we tracked the owner off the vehicle ID," Wilkes answers him with a nod. "There are a couple of shell companies in between, but we finally traced it back to a corporation owned by an investor down here named Hernan Reyes."
"Investor?" Elena asks as she raises her eyebrows. "If there's anything illegal happening in Rio, Reyes is involved."
"Okay, then so are we," Luke says with a nod. "If he could get us any closer to our guys, I want everything on him. Hunt, you're on the roof. I want you on overwatch in case somebody comes back for something. Mac, give me a cross check on Reyes, full specs. If he goes to the john, I want to know how many times he shakes it."
"You got it, boss," Mac says before walking over to the computer.
"Wilkes, Fusco! Lets put all this mess back together," Madison orders with an evil smirk, causing the two agents to frown.
"That's going to take a while," Fusco complains, causing Madison to roll her eyes.
"Then you better get started," Madison tells him with a shrug. "They were taking this car apart for a reason. Lets put it back together and find out what's missing. Have fun, boys." Madison gives them a mock salute before sitting in a chair and propping her feet up.