Part 1

"Knock knock" Mom, should I open the door (laughs) Noo honey, I'll go see who it is, could you please grab me my glasses sweetie? will be right back Mom, of course (Remi left to grab her mother's spectacles). Mom yelled, "Remi, don't come here!" She sounded frightened and in agony. However, she panicked and raced to her mother, believing that something had happened to her. Mom, please!!! Please, Mom, wake up. Is it possible for you to hear me, Mom? Why is there blood all around you, Mom? Momma! She yelled because she couldn't tolerate what she was seeing. She was at a loss for what to do. Her mother had been drained of blood. She sobbed uncontrollably till she saw a man. She went up to him and asked if he could assist her mother, but it was too late. The man was tall, with blue eyes, hand and mouth smeared in blood, his fangs like a dagger sharp. She took a step back and questioned, "Who are you?" What are you like She continued questioning why his mouth was covered in blood? What are you? After unconsciousness, Remi was pulled with one hand to somewhere dark.

I was ten years old at the time. I was a child who had no idea what was going on in the world. My lovely mother, who wanted to protect me, love me, and spend time with me, was taken away from me by him. He robbed me of everything I owned. He took away my childhood, my mother, and 14 years of my life in which I could have made a difference. He abused me and forced me to slaughter helpless creatures. I felt frightened and dead inside. I could only see the darkness and evilness he carried within him. And all I wanted to do was kill him the same way he had slain my mother. For years, I was his slave.

I cried myself to sleep, missing my mother. I missed the way she hugged me. I fell asleep thinking about all the wrongs the man had done to me and how I would want to avenge myself. But then, seemingly out of nowhere, I heard voices. I was overjoyed and couldn't wait to open my eyes and seek for their assistance in defeating this evil creature. When I opened my eyes, it was no longer dark. I felt like I was in a city since I was surrounded by people. I was terrified, but I felt revitalized and relieved. I saw people for the first time in 14 years, and I heard a variety of wonderful voices. I could sense the fresh air breeze that surrounded me and the landscape. It was almost as if I had been living without air the entire time. I went around feeling free and happy until I was hit by a car. I was brought to the hospital in a large van the next thing I knew. So, as you can see, I didn't know who I was, where I was, or what had happened to me.  

------------- TEN YEARS LATER,

"Knock knock" Sweetie, we have visitors arriving; could you please open the door and welcome them? Sure, mom will do. Greetings, uncle and aunty. Hello and welcome to our home. I greeted them with a wide smile on my face, as my mother had taught me. Uncle and aunty were both really lovely. I was overjoyed and thrilled. They had two children: a 12-year-old boy and a 5-year-old daughter. They were all a lot of fun to talk to, and the night was fantastic. We were on our way to dinner at a restaurant. I was ecstatic because I loved my favorite restaurant's biryani. I wasn't going to lie; I was starving by that point. The uncle began the conversation by inquiring about my age and interests. I said, "I am a ten-year-old uncle who enjoys singing." "Good girl," replied the uncle with a smile. I returned the smile. My father had ordered biryani for me, and it had finally arrived. I couldn't wait to get it on my plate and stuff it into my tummy. I felt heavy and sleepy as soon as I finished eating. We returned home after saying our goodbyes to the family.

When I arrived back to my house and freshened up. I asked my father if we had ever met the family. "No love," my father said, "the uncle is a new colleague of mine." I was like, "Oh?" sure, sure, sure, definitely, yeah, the uncle and aunty had a familiar appearance. After kissing me goodnight, Dad laughed and went back to sleep.

To be continued...