1.

NOT EVERY DEFEAT IS THE END
──────♡────── 

Sumedh was touted to be the best contestant of 'Dance India Dance'. Votes of the public poured in. He was supremely confident, he cruised along, practicing with his mentors. Yes, he was poised to win. It was not only the fame that was most important, he wanted the winner's money very badly. His father was seriously ill, he had a rare heart problem. He needed surgery. His father had been slogging for the comfort of the family for years. With the result, he didn't have money for his own treatment. Sumedh saw the advertisement in the TV for the auditions of the dance show. He considered it to be an opportunity to use his talent. He gave in his name and the next thing he knew was that he was called for an audition. He prayed to God like never before to get selected. God was kind on him. The judges gave him the ticket to Heaven!

The day finally arrived. There were butterflies in his stomach. No one in his family could attend the function as his father's health had taken a serious turn.

His performance would decide his fate; his father's fate. He started perspiring at the collar. Rivulets of sweat were pouring down his cheeks. He felt like crying. It was a sad song that he selected to dance on. He thought it suited his mood; but it suited too much ! He broke down in the middle. Everyone wanted him to win. He withdrew, his head bent. It felt like a total defeat written large over his face.

There was desperation on the faces of his friends.  The judges looked disappointed too. He didn't have to wait for the declaration. He came third. He stood there dumbfounded, empty-handed. Future seemed bleak. His dreams were shattered, crumbled to the ground ! Then came the sound of a loud applause. All were looking at him. The anchor came towards him and lifted his hand. Feroz Khan, one of the judges promised to make Sumedh the choreographer of all the songs in his upcoming movie. The TV  channel announced a special prize for him !

His cup of happiness was full again. Luck comes in different guises. One should never lose hope.

~ SUMEDH'S POV~
Today, I am a happy man. I could get my father treated with the money I got and he is perfectly all right. Proper post operative treatment could be given by the rest of the money. Later, I felt proud of my country; not only for the expert treatment given, but for all the love and care of my countrymen. The experience made me realize, that victory need not come in the form of prize. My defeat enabled me to earn much more than what I could have earned by winning the title. Today I trust God, trust humanity and trust myself. I am a confident youngster full of optimism. I will never lose my positive outlook.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

Hello guys, I have started with this new book where I will be posting one shots (Sumedh Mudgalkar or random)..

Most of them will be inspirational
*No bad thoughts dor anyone..sorry for making his father ill (it's just a story) don't go negative*
I hope you liked it..
Please vote, comment and share with your friends!